4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if such a swap would work?
The 2003 Celica wheel looks much more sports car like
and much less truck/van like.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
Theres also a member, pretty sure hes new, who also has the Celica wheel, hopefully he can shine some info.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, the Celica wheel is essentially the same thing as the 1998 Supra steering wheel, but with an uglier Toyota logo in the middle (stands out too much). You should ask someone like Curt Aigner for clarification on the parts as he could probably help pretty quickly. I'd be more concerned about retaining cruise control (if that is a priority to you). Good luck. :)

Steve T.

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
i would def. be interested also.
:rolleyes:

·
BoosT AddicT
238 Posts
how much for the trd steering wheels?

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
So what your saying, that a Celica steering wheel(which year ?) with a celica adaptor for the airbag( Curt said 20 bucks or so), everything will work including the cruise control and fit ?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Hey, that looks pretty good! Are there any other OEM wheels out there that might also fit? The Celica wheel looks nice, if someone can writeup something on the procedure for installing it that would be awesome. I am especially concerned about the CC issue. The TRD wheel is sweet but WAY expensive:eek:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I have a 2000 celica wheel/bag on my 98 with a trd horn button in place of the toyota logo.For 98 supra it will fit with no problem
but for 93-97 you need the adaptor from curt cost $25.The cruise control arm is different and you have to change the resistors in the new arm for it to work.
You have to watch what year celica bag you use,I think after 2002 they went to a daulstage airbag.
Check my website for pictures.

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Ok considering the info. from jam98tt is there anyone out there that have 93-97 with a Celica wheel and where everything is working airbag and cruise cntrl or is there a write up on which resistors and other stuff that have to be changed to get it to work.

thanx in advance

X

·
0 Posts
will the airbag in the celica steering wheel work if fitted in a 95 supra?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I install my 98 streering wheel with airbag on my friends 94.Here is what you do.
Here is what you do,open your 93-97 cruise control arm there are resistors on the board,you can either take the valves of the resistor by matching the resistor color bars with a resistor chart (radioshack) or take a multimeter and measure the resistor.Buy the resistor you need and transplant them on the celica's cruise control arm,now you have cruise control.
Get the airbag adaptor from Curt and you have airbag protection.

·
Administrator
8,496 Posts
spoolinq said:
hmm that pic above was my mine. heres more pics of the trd replacement.

Spooling, is that front bumper a replica or the real deal? Also what side skirts are those. That kit is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Matt

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Thanx for the info. jam98tt
i didnt know that you got
the cruise cntrl arm with the celica
wheel thats why i was little bit
confused.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts