Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how would i go about finding out if my supra has one of those variable speed ratio things on the steering rack. i need to replace the one ive got but i am running into the problem of if i have it on my car or not. dealer doesnt know either (gave him the vin). is there a connector or something i can look for to tell?

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
2 wire connector that runs down to the rack. The two wire connector is around the connections for the ignitor (behind the battery).

·
Registered
39 Posts
funny, i have to replace my rack too, but the only tsrm i have 90. now with OR without PPS ech have a 2 wire connection on them on the rack.

HOWEVER the differnces are:

w/o PPS the connection is on the side of the gear where the intermediate shaft slips into.

with PPS the wirign harness is on the front of the rack very close to the driver side intter tierod boot.

see what i mean there?

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Anyone know what that connector is for on the non-PPS rack? Did Toyota relo the steering angle sensor for TEMS to the rack? My late model 89 does not have that connector (or PPS).

·
Registered
39 Posts
that was the 90 tsrm that's online, i cant ck the 88 book i have, my buddy has it atm. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts