Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I have no idea what kind of system I have but it’s nice. New head unit, twin Rockford Fosgate amps, 4 5'' sups, all new door speakers and customs tweeters installed in the doors. It all came this way and I know nothing about stereos. A few weeks ago I was driving down the street and started to smell an electrical fire. Obviously, I pulled over. As I was getting off the road, my stereo blinked out. No lights, no sounds, none of the buttons do anything. I checked the fuse and it was blown. I replaced it, but every time I give the car power, it blows the stereo fuse. Any idea what could be wrong? Thanks allot.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
The insulation on the power wire has rubbed off and is touching bear metal somewhere causing a short. Follow the wire and look for a burn spot. Probably where it comes into the car from the engine compartment. It could have burnt your car down so you are lucky. The wire may be really damaged from the short and should be replaced. When passing wire through metal it should always go through a rubber grommet for protection.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, glad my car didn't burn down!!! Thanks allot, I'll check that out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts