Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone use the stering rack bushing kit from supra store or MVP motor sports?

I'm about to purchase one, but i don't know if it'll be wort the work.

please any help would be very apriciated .

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
I have the Super Pro Bushing kit from MVP and I can feel the difference for sure. My old bushings were starting to crack.

Steve

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Steve, also did you have to removed the whole steering rack? they have two sizes do you remember which size you used? my pupra drives a little shaky and i can feel the steering wheel shake a high speeds, i hope this makes it stiffer, along with the suspension bushings i'm getting done.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
I also have the Super Pro Bushing kit from MVP. The rebuilt rack that I bought had some worn bushings, so I decided to buy new ones while I had the rack out. As far as the size, tell Robert what car you have and he'll get you the right part.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Thanks Steve, also did you have to removed the whole steering rack? they have two sizes do you remember which size you used? my pupra drives a little shaky and i can feel the steering wheel shake a high speeds, i hope this makes it stiffer, along with the suspension bushings i'm getting done.
No you don't have to remove it to install them, but it makes it much easier. My engine was out and I was installing new inner tie rods since I rebuilt the entire front suspension a few years ago, but you can install them without removing the rack. You'll probably want to remove the intake manifold to give you more access to the 2 on the driver's side. The pass side is just a bracket you remove and then install the new bushing (large bushing).

Steve

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
I believe most are 47mm. Just ask Robert at MVP. He'll get you the right ones.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts