Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! well i just got off the phone with PT and they are MEGA busy. I need my ct26 back with the quickness! i searched and found a semi recent thread with this guy steve or "stevevangst" says he rebuilds ct26's... anyone know how I can get ahold of him or have his number? MUCH appreciated! thanks again.
-Tiki

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
stevevangst give him a pm or something i talked to him he knows his stuff, he will be rebulding my 60trim after summer is over.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I pm'ed him but I guess he doesnt get on SF often so I was trying to find another way to track him down.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called the number for this shop and now they want 575 for a CT26 rebuild to a 60-1 i think i spoke with some guy named craig. so ::shrug:: i guess ill be talking with PT again and just having to settle for my poor MKIII missing its deadline.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a core. I asked them how much with my core. and he ( i assume craig) told me he thinks they go for 575 now. I find it strange that the price jumped 100 in less than a month.

·
Registered
167 Posts
LoneSupraRider said:
I got a ct62-1 upgrade of him last year... service was top notch... I used this email to converse with him...
[email protected]
I believe it is his web site also...
There was a invoice in the return package...
Superior Turbo & Injection
Detroit 800-525-0164
Good Luck
how long does it take him to rebuild the stock ct26 turbos???

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Ive been talkin with him for the past couple of days and im gonna get the 62-1 from him he seems like a good guy and he has always responded to my pm's. He told me 600 for the 62-1 or 500 with a core.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
lol, steves a good guy and all. But I wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him building a turbo. He doesn't even know what the parts are called. like i said, nice guy, but doesnt know a thrust washer from a power washer.

·
Registered
332 Posts
mk3supraman said:
how long does it take him to rebuild the stock ct26 turbos???
Turnaround was fast, I think it was about 10 days there and back... Don't forget I'm in Canada so there is the border holdup involved...

My 62-1 is still alive after the "3k" death barrier mentioned by others... but then again, I only boosting around 12psi...

279 Posts
Enslaved87 said:
… But I wouldn't trust him as far as i could throw him building a turbo….
Then don’t go to him if that is how YOU feel.

Enslaved87 said:
…He doesn't even know what the parts are called. like i said, nice guy, but doesnt know a thrust washer from a power washer.
But I bet that he knows what the parts do. After all, he did build way more turbos than you & I ever will. I know he has built at least 40 turbos.

I would say that his knowledge of turbos and cars are far greater than his writing or communications skills. After all, he is drag racing in the 11’s & is heading in the 10’s, and doing it with a turbo he built himself. His eBay auctions did have quite a bit of typos so maybe he is foreign. There are three other guys that have been on this forum that are in the same boat as him (way more knowledgeable with cars than communications), but you have to sometimes look past that to understand what they really know.

I would say if you really wanted to know how good he is at building turbos, just compare his work and the feedback he gets to Performance Techniques’ and see which one lasts longer. That would be the true test of his skills.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good guy. I purchased some stock injectors off of him about a year and a half ago, shipped priority. He even beat my price that i offered him, including shipping.

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
Tony Mawad said:
Then don’t go to him if that is how YOU feel.

After all, he is drag racing in the 11’s & is heading in the 10’s, and doing it with a turbo he built himself.

Dont forget to mention his cars blow up everytime he does that.

279 Posts

·
slow.
1,016 Posts
lol, i know him personally. Like i said, hes a good guy. But he has a "hacky" way of doing things.

·
mount /dev/disk1s10 FFUU
903 Posts
i bought a rebuilt CT off of Steve Vang on ebay, awesome guy. Very respectable very honest hes highly recommended. He cut me a deal on the turbo w/ a core and when i accidentally sent in my wastegate and oil lines he sent them back to me no charge!

I havent tested the new turbo out yet but if its anything like his Customer service is, its gotta be worth it. And if the turbo lasts i WILL be going back to him for another rebuilt CT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.