Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
8 Second 6spd
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
TX2K20 was amazing!

We wanted to be the first stick shifted car in the 6 second zone but it just wasn't meant to be. We ran into tire issues. The set of slicks we brought ran out of life prematurely, and we bought another set locally in Houston, but I didn't pay attention to the date code on them. Turns out they sat on the shops shelf since 2018. Old and dry, so we ended up spinning through all the qualifying and elimination rounds.

I had brought a set of radials "just in case" as we have been talking about testing on them. Well needless to say, they ended up working really well. The first pass ever on the radials was 7.05 @ 207 on a soft 1.21 sixty foot. With our normal 1.17 sixty that would have been our 6.99 pass for sure. Some promising data was collected... we had an aborted pass after the 7.05 radial pass where I cut a 1.13 sixty foot. WILD STUFF.

Best passes from the event:
7.05 @ 207
7.005 @ 208
7.05 @ 207 (radials)

BUT the great news, the H-Pattern stick shift world record 1/4 mile now belongs to a MKIV Supra! It is a very proud day for me as a Supra owner, this is a lifelong dream of mine!
The previous fastest h-pattern record was held by boostin performance "Red Demon" eclipse with a 7.04

We also saw the IRS Supra record broken by Tony Phillips 6.88 @ 206, and then broken again by Jack Couto with 6.80 @ 198. Jack is running one of my Ultimate IRS setups, and he got a 1.10 SIXTY FOOT. Absolutely nuts!

Can't wait to get back out there and test after this whole corona virus stuff is overwith. Stay safe everyone!

My Recap with commentary

·
iSPOOL
1,181 Posts
Still sounds like a great showing for the Grannas Racing Team. I hope y'all hit the 6s soon enough when the world returns to normal life.

·
Boost Junkie
12,456 Posts
Amazing. Crazy to think of someone shifting into the 6s.

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts