Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been long saving my pennies to upgrade the rear brakes since the rotors barely have any thickness left to it. However, now Im going to have to upgrade the fronts instead because it seized all of a sudden.

Starting a couple days ago, the car makes a faint clunk noise everytime I accelerate it from a stop. I thought it was the coilovers making the noises and ignored it. Today, I noticed that the car oddly pulls slightly to the left and makes a burnt smell. When I got out and checked the engine and the entire car, the smell emanated from the front passenger side brakes and the wheel was super hot! Problem diagnosed :( Moreover, Im a bit worried because I hope that the heat wont damage the finish on the face of the wheels.

Now I have two options: 1. Repair the useless OEM setup 2. Upgrade with the TT setup. Im going with the latter :)

·
Stock Body Supras FTW
1,226 Posts
How much did they cost for remanufactured ones and where did u get them from?

·
Banned
1,624 Posts
xknowonex said:
Actually remanufactured :)

Im debating whether I should paint them gold or not. Timing would be a problem because my install is scheduled for tommorow later in the day
no way leave them how they look.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep thats I left them how they were. It looks very cool and it feels pretty good. I am kinda of debating whether I should get new pads or not. I got the pads and rotors used and I got the rotors turned. The pads still have plenty of life yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts