Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm just learning to drive my manual supra (I've only had a small amount of previous experience) and I think it would be a lot easier if my pedal wasnt so sticky or jumpy. I'll press the pedal, but it wont go and then when I put a little more pressure on it, it'll go down and jump up to like 2500rpms. I know that it would be a lot easier if it would just gradually go up and if I could control it more. What can I adjust/replace to get a smoother depression?

·
Is this thing on?
306 Posts
NA or TURBO the linkages are Way different the NA's use a push rod and it makes the pedal alot stiffer, spray all the pivots with some wd40 and yeah clean your throttle body.... that should help, and uh.... oh yeah learn to drive it That will help you out amazingly.

·
Banned
531 Posts
i just learned how to drive manual in my supra, what i do to be safe, is rev it up to a little over 1k, and SLOOOOOWLY, let out the clutch...

you'll find even in the revs are very high, letting the clutch out SLOW, will cause your car to crawl ever so slightly..

of course it probably wastes your clutch, but you gotta learn some way, right?

·
DRiFTT
991 Posts
my cressida gas pedal is idioticly hard for no reason, probably the cable too short, its like pressing the throttle at your foot, heard the cable itself, inside the cable housing probably rusty or bad

·
Registered
231 Posts
SykoCerebral said:
i just learned how to drive manual in my supra, what i do to be safe, is rev it up to a little over 1k, and SLOOOOOWLY, let out the clutch...

you'll find even in the revs are very high, letting the clutch out SLOW, will cause your car to crawl ever so slightly..

of course it probably wastes your clutch, but you gotta learn some way, right?

It does waste your clutch. Is all you US guys drive automatics or what? In europe automatics are a rarity!

Starting is really one of the first things you learn in driving school... Im surprised you have to "learn manual" Do you have automatics in driving school too or how does it work over there?

Michael

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Yes, most Americans have automatics. Laziness. Or just so talking on the cell is easier :dunno: I just can't drive an automatic, too boring.

But yeah, check your throttle cable and whatnot, could be sticking to something under the hood, or could just be rusty

1 - 9 of 9 Posts