Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My locks dont seem to unlock very easy. They will lock fine but then they somtimes(75% of the time) dont want to unlock from the drivers side. so i walk around unlock the passenger side and hit unlock then lock and keep going until it clicks open. i tried that lock lube stuff.... didnt help and temp doesnt seem to effect it much. help me guys... if i take the door apart i want to know what to check or how to check it? If i get new locks do i have to get new keys?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Same thing happens to me. You turn the key but it wont unlock. With mine, you have to turn and open at the same time. In the winter, I had to enter from the passenger side all the time because the locks were always internally frozen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have an answer to your problem, but have you considered getting an alarm with the auto door lock feature?

I haven't used my door locks in years. I'd think they would have worn out by now, if I did.

Probably cheaper than getting parts from Toyota to fix them. :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Ok, off topic a little, but Alpha what is with your sig! haha. try graphite for the locks....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sdude when i try the auto locks from the inside i have to play with them back and forth untill it works. arg... i think i need to take apart the door.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GreaseMonkey said:
Sdude when i try the auto locks from the inside i have to play with them back and forth untill it works. arg... i think i need to take apart the door.
Yea, same thing with me. I think the mechanism inside all rusted together.

·
Registered
5,967 Posts
Check the lock solenoids. My driver side lock and the trunk lock cannot be opened with the key. only the passenger side turns. Seems to have jammed for some reason.
But it works fine with my remote control for the alarm, and opens fine from inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts