Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup all, I have been reading the forums for a while but never had a reason to post until now. I have a 94' TT 6speed BPU that I'm getting a miss fire on, it doesn't happen all of the time though that is the funny thing.
I have changed my spark plugs several times and just last nite I changed the connectors to my coil packs, they were very old and dry rotted. I also changed my valve cover gaskets (was getting some oil in #5 and 6 wells).
After doing this, getting the car back together and resetting the ecu. I took the car out and it ran fine, better than before, but just when I thought that everything was solved missfire was back, but not as bad this time.
Another thing is that the miss is only at the top of my rpm range, around 5k to 6k, but will then clear up after that until I have to shift, and again it doesn't always happen, sometimes it runs fine all day and others it don't.
what should I check next, injectors???
any help is greatly appreiciated!!! I just want my car to run right.

thanks,

Mike

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
mabe you still had some extra oil left in there ..also what gap are your plugs set too?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RanGer, thanks for the reply,
currently the I have the gap set to .29. I have tried .28 and .30 with the same results, I'm running NGK plugs, one step colder, I also forgot to mention that the fuel filter has recently been changed about 2 months ago and that I also have an HKS intake fuel pump.
As far as oil still being in the well I guess that is very possible but I would have thought it would have burned off after my commute to work. I live in Killeen which is an hour north of Austin, and I was still getting the missing when I got to work.

Mike

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
well bullish had my gaps at .040 and the car ran well with them (stock ngk plugs)

i at the moment have denso iridumes ik22 plugs at .034 and the car runs good! also your plugs might be gapped to low!
try working your way down from .040 to .032 or vis-versa!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, again RanGer for the help. I will try changing the gap tonight and see if that helps. I'll let you know.

Thanks Again,

Mike

·
Registered
849 Posts
I have a 94 and had missing problems. I tried everything then I replaced my ignition coils and it fixed the problem. They are expensive but they do ware out and go bad. I’m now able to run a bigger gap on the plugs with no problems. Its probably not the solution that you want to hear.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlackBird, how much were the ignition coils, just incase I have to resort to that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts