Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to hand it to Mark at XSPOWER !!

T61 set up

I purchased this kit from him about a month ago and it has run flawlessy every time I get in it I have to Laugh great horse power for inexpensive dollars

Spools quick and and pulls hard up top.

I just got done driving it and took like 15 bus lenths on a trans am, well I know thats like racing a moped but it was fun as hell to see the look on there face at the next stop sign

Peace

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Hey Greg - I'm really happy to hear you're enjoying it.... that T61 does bring a smile to your face - I know the feeling!

·
working on singleness...
347 Posts
i think the crazy part is...

you guys are for real...

how long have you guys been on these kits? is it honestly working that well?

·
Registered
731 Posts
I just got my t78 installed on my kit from him. I have to get the down pipe redone to fit but then its all good. If all goes well I will have less than a grand in my kit. minus intercooler and fuel pump.

·
Stock Twin 6 spd King
1,731 Posts
jts2005 - feel free to PM me with the details as well.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice to see you got the car running like you want to! Now it's time to blow up that 5 speed. :D

Alex !

hows it going ?

I tried to make it down there when all u guys were meeting but when I got to CUBA it was snowing so I turned my shit around and went home.

Definetly want to goto the track here somtime soon and meet up with Jeff and urself

And the tranny blow up issue, is sure to come I'm afraid but so far running 19psi and it's srong as hell with no tranny issues YET YET :)

Looking into r154 swap possibly the six speed swap is so spendy I don't know what to do about it

Take care and keep intouch

Greg

is your car running?

Alex
see ya

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i think the crazy part is...

you guys are for real...

how long have you guys been on these kits? is it honestly working that well?
I have put over 1000 miles on it

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Is this the xs turbo and all? Ive used the manifold in the past and other then the slag from the beginning it worked great, had bad luck with the wastegate. Hopefully all that has been improved.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is this the xs turbo and all? Ive used the manifold in the past and other then the slag from the beginning it worked great, had bad luck with the wastegate. Hopefully all that has been improved.

Yes this is the whole kit and all

I looked in the mani good before I put it on cause I had bad luck with slag from another mani won't say who they are but there one of the big guys and just goes to show you that shit happens with anybodys product from time to time

All in All this kit is a steal almost want to buy another it's so good but really don't have nothing to put in on, well maybe my sit down lawnmower HHMMMMMM

wheels are spinng now, not only would I have the fastest car in town but the fastest lawnmower aswell then I would be king shit HA

Take care all

going to mow my lawn now :)

·
Registered
MKIV TT 6 Speed
1,488 Posts
Rule #1: Don’t run a crappy set up on your Supra i.e. intercoolers, turbo, manifold, wastegate.

Rule#2: Don’t publicly announce you are running this crap.

I normally keep my mouth shut, but I have seen this has become an alternative to buying good quality parts. If you can’t afford it, I understand I was in the same boat just save until you can buy the real deal and not some generic piece of crap.

Breaking it down the XSPower manifold is a HKS clone/replica. Too name a few flaws in the poorly made replica, the T4 flange is not angled correctly which will cause fitting issues on your intake piping. Another flaw on the design is the support rating on the manifold. Old replicas have been known to have cracking issue on the welds, due to a support/weight factor of the mounted turbo. They have improved the design by adding two rod stiffeners, connecting the turbo flange to the main base flange connection to the block.

Any way you look at it with the messed up angle of the turbo flange and weak welds and very uneven runners. You have nothing but a shiny, cheap low grade stainless steel piece of crap that will fail in due time and not perform remotely close to its competitors.

I don’t want to slam anybody but I just get disappointed when a Supra guy is running the same part a Civic guy is, when they both got it off of eBay.

You get what you pay for! That’s a FACT!

·
Banned
1,984 Posts
I don’t want to slam anybody but I just get disappointed when a Supra guy is running the same part a Civic guy is, when they both got it off of eBay.
Ya I have noticed this, it shows the avg age of our owners is dropping and cheaper/inferior parts are being put on them.
It may explain why some people are moving on to other vehicles.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
well first off after dumping a fuck load of money into my lexus and second off my 40 foot yautch in the Bahamas needs attention too, money wise that is, so it is not really the money thing for me it's the practicallity of it. and I personally like to have a boat in a great place and a bitchen car where I spend most of the year and this supra will be gone someday and somthing else will pop up that I will dump my money into

I understand your point though, well no I don't.

Horsepower is horse power and I have run the fucking shit out of this set-up and it is solid

Peace to you though and godbless

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rule #1: Don’t run a crappy set up on your Supra i.e. intercoolers, turbo, manifold, wastegate.

Sounds like you have issues with the manifold.

and the piece of shit mani I bought from one of these big guys that we all know but I don't want to slam them cause there good guys anyways that mani had slag in it and fucked up my wastegate HKS wastegate that is and that expensive kit cost me time , extra money to buy wastegate, disgust that I paid that much money for it and this shit was happening to me

I normally keep my mouth shut, but I have seen this has become an alternative to buying good quality parts. If you can’t afford it, I understand I was in the same boat just save until you can buy the real deal and not some generic piece of crap.

Breaking it down the XSPower manifold is a HKS clone/replica. Too name a few flaws in the poorly made replica, the T4 flange is not angled correctly which will cause fitting issues on your intake piping. Another flaw on the design is the support rating on the manifold. Old replicas have been known to have cracking issue on the welds, due to a support/weight factor of the mounted turbo. They have improved the design by adding two rod stiffeners, connecting the turbo flange to the main base flange connection to the block.

Any way you look at it with the messed up angle of the turbo flange and weak welds and very uneven runners. You have nothing but a shiny, cheap low grade stainless steel piece of crap that will fail in due time and not perform remotely close to its competitors.

peace

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts

your rule 1: i'll buy whatever i want and if you dont like then O WELL... i wont lose any sleep over your opinion.

your rule 2: ummmm ok

just as scott has said there are many other things that my money goes into rather than just the supra. who made a rule that you have to use top notch parts? i think if some of us are happy with it then so be it. your probably just mad that you spent a crap load of money to yield the same result....end of story!!

1 - 20 of 191 Posts