Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 11:00PM at night. Finished mounting up the FMIC piping after doing the valve stem seals. Mounted up the battery in giddy anticipation that there would be no more embarassing smoke coming from my Supra.

Crossing my fingers that when I fire up the engine for the first time it doesnt sound like a pop-corn machine becuase I didnt put the keepers in properly, turn the key, Vrooommmm....it's alive.....holy shit there is a bellow of smoke coming out of the exhaust.....wow smells super rich.

Thinking that this was just the engine burning off the red line ass. lube thought nothing of it, fired on the heater topped up the rad and started giving her some revs while looking at the back....smoke....shit.....smoke.....damnit....turned the ar off. I let it sit for 5 minutes than when I turned it back on there was just one big instant puff of smoke and it cleaned itself up this time. However when I rev up the engine smoke will come out. The night is a bit cool I can see my breath barely in the garage but should it be doing this for a little while....

Could it have not even been my valve stem seals?????? Frustrated as hell....

Advice and/or comments is welcome I am willing to try anything.

·
On 2 wheels
750 Posts
Did you put the seals in the correct way? They won't seal properly if they are reversed.....

Sorry to hear man

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
drive it for a few miles, let the exh heat up, you may have residual oil to burn off or you may have too much clearance in the turbo exducer side (sounds like that, sorry).

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only strange thing that happened when doing the seal replacement, is that the exhaust side didnt have the two "clicks" as the intake side did. At first I thought I was doing something wrong but searched on here and found other members who had the same problem without the clicking but still with success in the end.....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
87x miles. Average I guess for the MKIV's.....sorry Jaxx no progress as of yet. I will take it for a short spin hopefully tommorow when I get the headlights back together and see if it doesnt clear it up. Otherwise I will be ripping it apart again. I dont know what I could have done wrong. I followed every write up and advice I searched on here down to a t....except of course for the exhaust side seals not clicking.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts