Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know what the differences are? is one better?

this is for the TRD 27% stiffer ones....

thanks

ting

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was wondering the same thing also. How comparable are the TRD 27%, TRD 50+%, and the Stillen sway bars? How stiff are the Stillen bars? Are there any other manufacturers I'm missing?

G

·
0 Posts
Whiteline makes some. They had a group buy a while back. Really cheap compared to the others. Too bad I didn't have any money.

C

·
0 Posts
Stillen = TRD bars. Just let me know where you get them from ;).

Also, someone is making an adjustable rear bar. You can check out all the info under the Road Racing section.

C

·
0 Posts
Rumor has it that the stillen bars are EXACTLY the same as the TRD bars. Well, its actually more than rumor, but I thought I'd phrase it in a colorful way. :)

C

·
0 Posts
That's it exactly Kapi! The most concise layout of all the available options. Good call!

·
Registered
226 Posts
So from what I have read, 53% is the stiffest you can get. Is there a reason for this? How come there are other sway bars (not for the Supra) that are 100% and up? Is it that the Supra sway bars are stiff enough from the factory that anything more than 53% is unnecessary?

B

·
0 Posts
The whitelines are adjustable. Or at least the rear is adjustable.
The Whiteline front bar is adjustable to 2 positions, the rear has 3. Stiffness increase is 50%F/30%R. I guss that would be at the max stiff setting. One advantage over the TRD bar is the Whiteline bar does not rub on the lower radiator hose.

As Kapi's sumamry table indicates (nice job, BTW!) there is a fitment issue with the front bar: The issue is that Whiteline supplies a poly bush that is too large to fit properly (it's about 1/4" too tall). I don't know why they do this, they seem to think its OK - maybe it is for J-spec or euro-spec JZA80's. The solution is to buy a front bushing set from Energy Suspension. Otherwise the bars work great.

Bob

·
Registered
265 Posts
Whiteline Bars

I got the whiteline's in my car. Didn't even bother trying to fit the front links cuz they looked so crappy, didn't know there was a fitment issue. We re-welded the stop link 90deg and it fits pretty well. The whiteline's are really heavy being solid and all but very nice price. Don at PDM Racing still has a set left if anyone's interested.

PDM Racing

B

·
0 Posts
I got the whiteline's in my car. Didn't even bother trying to fit the front links cuz they looked so crappy, didn't know there was a fitment issue. We re-welded the stop link 90deg and it fits pretty well. The whiteline's are really heavy being solid and all but very nice price. Don at PDM Racing still has a set left if anyone's interested.
I know what you mean about the front links, kind of a strange design but they seem to work just fine.

V

·
0 Posts
Does anyone know where ican get the trd 53% stiffer sway bars it says their sold out at mvp cn you pm or email me if you know where i can get a set

Thanks
Vincent Chan

J

·
0 Posts
VJRacing said:
Does anyone know where ican get the trd 53% stiffer sway bars it says their sold out at mvp cn you pm or email me if you know where i can get a set

Thanks
Vincent Chan
Vincent

I'm developing an adjustable rear bar to go with the 52% front bar. It should be available in about 2 weeks. At this time, I don't know of any sources for the big ass front bar once MVP is out of them. I'm sure another group buy could be set up by MVP or Jeff Watson if enough people want the front bar. I hope to have a build to order source for the big front bars sometime this summer.

Jeff B.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts