Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to post here, but the *search button* only gives me a blank white page when search....

What are the specs on the 2J stock cams? I tried looking in the Crower GB section, but Zaz deleted those specs.

Thanks

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
..........Duration
[email protected] .050....Lift (in inches)
Stock 1JZ
Intake i189.1.....0.304
Exhaust e194.1....0.313

Stock 2jz
Duration @ .050
i200 with .338 lift
e204 with .346 lift

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,263 Posts
they should be there, I don't think i deleted them ^^ i tihnk tissimo got thouse form what i posted???

looks like what I posted.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i looked on page 6, nothing... i remember them being on page one at some point, couldn't find them. that freaking thread is almost like a mini forums in of itself! the search button doesn't let you search for small terms like 2jz and it crapped out this morning.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
yea they're from your post.. post 146 is 2jz specs (also on crowers catalog) and the 1jzs are post 127 on the cams thread.. page 6

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,376 Posts
looks like the 1j got the shaft on cams huh.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just finished having 2J cams put in the 1j in my GS300. Cost me $70 for a local shop to machine the ends down. Went with a Greddy timing belt while we were in there.

Picked up 20hp at the rear wheels from 5k up. Feels like I picked up quite a bit below that, as well, but it doesn't show on the dyno graph. The operator said he had to feather it up, to keep the trans from downshifting. Torque was up about 15-18 as well.

Actual peak numbers are 257 hp, 251 TQ. Stock twins, SAFC, 12 lbs.

Great mod, if you ask me. I picked up the 2J cams from Titan for $160.

Next comes the single.

Toby

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I am getting my 2J cams machined right now, they should be done next week. You need to machine down the cam seal surface a few mm on both cams, and widen the front journal on the exhaust cam a bit. Your machinists are cheap, the cam guy I took mine to wants like $150-175 !!!. I will post my results when i have redynoed. I cant wait to see the gains from the cams when using 500rwhp as a baseline, I have only seen dyno's from basicly stock 1jz's with the mk4 cams.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Should of sent them to me for 90.00 shipped back to you plus what ever your shipping to me was.
Cary

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
2,994 Posts
cary = the man.

~scott

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can't wait until I throw them in. 20rwhp from 5k and up would be UNREAL on my car. I can't even imagine what it will pull like (2900lb mk2). What were the engineers thinking when they put in 189 cams on a revvy motor like the 1J?

·
Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
7,014 Posts
I used to have the specs on both cams back when i first put them in my ex's car... i dont know if the thread is still around. but the 2j cams are guaranteed top-end power gains. the car pulls just as hard in the top end as it did in the mid range w/ the 2j cams

i want to say that the cam seal journal needs to be machined down 0.100", same for the back side of the thrust surface... but this was like 2 years ago that i had this done. btw, the cams were only $80 from a fellow SF member and the machine work was $60. its only about an hour's worth of work for both cams.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts