Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to the dyno tonight... things turned out well... numbers at the wheels were 302.6 rwhp @ 5900 and 302.9 rwtq @ 4300, SAE corrected...

from 4000 rpms on up i had 11-12psi...

i made an excel spreadsheet graph since all i got was a printout with the data points (rpm, hp, tq, and boost)...

the car is 100% stock down to the air filter... running on 92 octane... interesting notes (to me at least):

there was only a 1hp difference between running with the factory filter and airbox and running with the lid off and filter out... with the filter out and lid off, the car died when the dyno fan turned on, presumably because it was blowing right across the MAF... so that run was done without the fan... resetting the ECU added 5hp... the car was driven to the dyno and immediately run... no ice on the engine or cooldown... we used a spray of water (from a bug sprayer) across the intercooler to compensate for lack of airflow...

overall, i'm pretty darn happy! these numbers turn into about 356hp at the flywheel, which is pretty good for a stock car that's 8 years old and rated at 320... nice work toyota!

my friend brought his recording gear and got some cool sound files of the turbos... i'll post them once we eq them and make mp3s...

now its BPU time!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congratulations! Those are some good numbers for a stock car!

My car is 100% stock too, and it produced very similar numbers (305 RWHP, 299 RWTQ). It's nice to see that there's still another stock Supra out there! :D I would like to reiterate your words, "Great job Toyota..." Now, if only they would do it again with the MKV!

There's a link to my dyno chart in my signature.

My car was dynoed at Las Vegas 2001. I drove from the hotel to the dyno shop and pretty much drove up onto the rollers a few minutes later. I didn't get a chance to reset the ECU, or to pull the traction control fuse(s), or to put ice bags on the engine, or to spray the intercooler, etc... I didn't want to take too much time away from, and/or get in the way of, the "Big Dogs" who were busy putting down 500+ RWHP. :D However, after reading that your car gained 5 RWHP just from resetting the ECU I will be dynoing my car again! Only this time I will perform all of the pre-dyno rituals and shoot for 315+ RWHP! :D

Once again... Congratulations on those numbers! :D

D

·
0 Posts
Damn, those are some bomb ass numbers for a stock Supra, you will be a strong BPU:) .

·
Administrator
17,224 Posts
JeffB,

Congratulations on your excellent numbers! You have a healthy Supra, and I'm sure it won't let you down once you go to BPU power levels and above. The first time you drive the car with a downpipe on it...you won't be able to stop grinning from ear to ear! ;)

Steve T.
1995 Supra TT hardtop (BPU+++)

·
...For Me to SUP On!!
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mp3

Thanks guys!

Here's an mp3 from a mic mounted above the air box while on the dyno... first i go through 1st - 3rd at part throttle, then do the pull in 4th... its amazing how loud the turbos and blowoff are up there yet you can't hear hardly anything in the car... everything is stock at this point...

http://www.inductionindustries.com/pix/misc/stockturbos.mp3

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
JeffB,

Awesome numbers, lets see your great #'s at BPU now...:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts