Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a big difference in sound if you have the stock bov with the aftermarket bov compared to just an aftermarket bov by itself? Probtably a dumb question, but just want to make sure. thanks.

·
Canada, Eh?
2,397 Posts
if you have an aftermarket (eg HKS Super Sequential), you dont need your stock bov. most people replace the stock bov with an aftermarket becuase the stock doesnt hold much more than stock boost.

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, thanks enraged!

·
Toyota/Lexus Owner
410 Posts
I have the stock one and the Blitz SS. The sound is insane!! Super loud, but I've never tried it with the stocker plugged up.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Yea, having a boost leak back before the turbo only slows down the boost response, PLUG THOSE HOLES! (the holes on the intake system, uhhh nm)

·
Can't wait for Spring!
2,364 Posts
i'm working on a few designs to modify the stock bov so it sounds meaner and can run open air. sounds pointless yes, but i like tinkering. once i complete it i'll post a thread about it

·
Powdered Toast Man
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i culd hear the bov with the stocker on, but after I took that thing off, it is waaaaay more louder!! I'm glad that I did it. I think that's it's holding .5 psi more boost now too. anyway, it's much better!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts