Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, from my other posts in the section I have recently switched to a single turbo setup and it is great. Still some minor issues but nothing big.

My major issue is compressor surge on the sp58 ball bearing turbo. I am using an HKS SSQ bov and at low psi it does not release when I let off the gas and I get compressor surge.

So I plumbed in my stock bov and it seems to solve the problem but it also seems to leak pretty severly. I have the top nipple T'd into vaccum, the 1" opening directly below the vaccum line vented to atmosphere and the other opening piped into my intercooler pipe. This is the correct routing from what I looked at in the stock manual.

Either way I flip it when the car is at idle there is a steady flow of air coming out the side I have vented to atmosphere. So is this bov bad or do I have it set up wrong?

Thanks,
Mike

PS, everytime I do a search in the forums I get a white page back no answers, no html ... nothing....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about this, answering my own post for the archives. I bagged the stock bov idea after reading all the posts about the HKS SSQ bov and I put a better vaccum source to the HKS and the flutter is much better and is just how the hks releases low boost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts