Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my bypass valve off today before i put the engine today and i blew threw it and air came out the other side. shouldnt this only happen when there is vacuum applied on the small tube?
also i put about 20psi to the small hose and air still came out the other side

steven

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this could be why it took my friends car forever to spool and only hit like 4 psi :agreed:

where would i get a bosch?
also could i just vent the bypass valve to atmosphere, just make it into a regular blow off valve. dont know what it sounds like, anyone have videos?

i know it has problems idling etc...

·
Registered
527 Posts
no you cant vent the stock to atmosphere, if its leaking already, its gonna be even worse when you do that. Replace it with aftermarket or a bosche and youll be set

·
Wingless by choice.
640 Posts
Even if it wasn't leaking you wouldn't want to vent it to atmosphere as the STOCK Bypass valve fluctuates between open/close when both off and on boost at all different times throughout the rpm band. Buy a real blow off valve, I'll recommend the HKS SSQV or the Blitz Dual Drive, and alas the Greddy series blow off valves Type R/RS and others. :)

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
I'm with him ^^ I've seen the Bosch BOV's cause nasty compressor surge and not function right...

stock BOV is fine to vent if it's in good working order, but what's the point?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with him ^^ I've seen the Bosch BOV's cause nasty compressor surge and not function right...

stock BOV is fine to vent if it's in good working order, but what's the point?
to make it sound like a bov, thats why i asked if anyone has done it? to see if it even makes sounds

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
it makes sound, but it's not that great...

if it's leaking now, it's just gonna be like a bad boost leak if you vent it...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts