Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cant post kills on corvette forum so here I am. lol.

Was on the freeway the other night, late evening not much traffic. A white newer model M5 pulls up next to me, had atleast an exhaust on it because it sounded mean.

I normally never do freeway runs and am more of a dedicated road course guy but I thought why not.

Im in a stock C6 vette with an intake and exhaust. non Z06. LS2

We had a couple runs from 60-130ish. Dead even pretty much every run. I was under the assumption he would pull me pretty hard especially since that thing shifted so damn fast but all in all we were very even. Wonder if he had any mods besides exhaust..

Anyways, it was an interesting run and I was pleasanlty surprised by the vette.

No High HP supra kill but was enjoyable none the less:bigthumb::sleep:

·
Glad To Be Back
1,345 Posts
he has a 100 more horsepower than you in M mode.. low 400s when not in M Mode. Granted the BMW M5 weighs 4300lbs and your vette weighs around 3200 so when you figure 1100 extra pounds and the hp/weight ratio, it sounds about right....

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he has a 100 more horsepower than you in M mode.. low 400s when not in M Mode. Granted the BMW M5 weighs 4300lbs and your vette weighs around 3200 so when you figure 1100 extra pounds and the hp/weight ratio, it sounds about right....
thats what I figured.

The ram air intake I have although does not show substantial gains on the dyno maybe 5-7 whp, supposedly gives a nice gain when at speed. When I installed it I could definately feel a noticeable difference at freeway speeds.

·
Registered
303 Posts
nice kill... that soulds about right when power to weight ratios are measured.... and btw, aftermarket intakes make more horse when off the dyno... physics does the arguing for that

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Does your C6 have a tune? C6's are very prone to knock retard from the factory and you'll regularly see 6 degrees of timing retard at WOT. We normally add some fuel and timing on C6's to keep them from retarding timing.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does your C6 have a tune? C6's are very prone to knock retard from the factory and you'll regularly see 6 degrees of timing retard at WOT. We normally add some fuel and timing on C6's to keep them from retarding timing.
sorry just saw your response. No tune, stock with a vararam and catback. Plan on a tune soon but I cant until I decide what class im running in the corvette challenge.. I heard a tune alone frees up a decent amount of hp?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Nice kill! I have a buddy who raced a bolt on LS2 vette and he pulled on it with his BPU+++ Supra so maybe he has a shot against an M5 as well.

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
sorry just saw your response. No tune, stock with a vararam and catback. Plan on a tune soon but I cant until I decide what class im running in the corvette challenge.. I heard a tune alone frees up a decent amount of hp?
LS2's run too much timing from the factory, lots of knock retard. The biggest benefit from a tune (besides obviously protecting your motor) is it running more consistent. My shop isn't far from you, feel free to give me a call there if you want more info, 714-210-2525.

-Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts