Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 factory radio. The cd skips like crazy, I pulled the radio out, took off the top cover (only) and I can see the laser lens, but it looks clean. I haven't done anything else.

Any suggestion on how to fix the skip? I like the OEM radio, so if there is a fix, I'd like to know it.

Thanks!
Mark

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Your CD is skipping because the laser is out of alignment. If you can find a service shop to recalibrate it...that should fix your problem. There are probably a tonf of people here that have stock radios.....i think i have 2

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are they in good shape and don't skip?

Thanks

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
they have been sitting in my garage for a few years...but it seemed to work ok for the month or 2 i had it in my car. Its still a 12 yo CD player

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
want to sell one, and what year is it?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
1994 - yes i'd be willing to sell. I'd have to check to see if i knew where my 1996 radio is

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd want a 97, as I prefer the style. Really would like 98, but the harness is different.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Cant help ya there...sorry man

·
Registered
856 Posts
98mkiv said:
I'd want a 97, as I prefer the style. Really would like 98, but the harness is different.
I'm not sure if it's different for nonturbo models, but I bought a 98 headunit to replace my 97 headunit - worked without problems and the harness plugs right in.

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
minguezCD said:
1994 - yes i'd be willing to sell. I'd have to check to see if i knew where my 1996 radio is
how much do u want the 94 for ?

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MoogieBoogie said:
I'm not sure if it's different for nonturbo models, but I bought a 98 headunit to replace my 97 headunit - worked without problems and the harness plugs right in.

The 98 has two plugs on the back, pre 98 has only one.... I would like the 98 if someone could tell me if it worked.

98 FSM ELEC pages would be fine for me to tell from...

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
sks said:
how much do u want the 94 for ?

Throw me an offer + shipping via PM

1 - 12 of 12 Posts