Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to FYI everyone that is looking for a nice streetable clutch setup, my stock flywheel, stock clutch disc and ACT Yellow pressure plate has held 600+ rear wheel horsepower with absolutely no slipping ever.

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Yea that setup will hold up fine untill you put some sticky tires on it and try to launch. The stock disk will fry very quickly. I was running a similar setup but with the stock disk relined in kevlar, its toast after trying to launch at 6k on DRs, but always held the power great on the street.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I agree with MTR here. This was my last setup, great on the street, very easy to drive and held up great. But luanching at the track just really kills this clutch. The stock disk just doesn't like to be slipped hard off the line on DR's. You get a nice clutch burning smell after a hard luanch and it doesn't last long. Great setup if you don't drag race though.

·
4 T's and an X
2,122 Posts
I have the set up also. Extreme plate, street disc and stock flywheel. Since I dont take it to the track very much, its good for the street.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts