Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is missing really bad at high boost (25+ psi) and was wondering if any body here got a good used set of coils that they wanted to sell?

Thanks

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
they are 60 each new from jay marks... why not get brand new ones?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
yes. and they are the same.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
I thought mine were bad too.. Ended up being too rich with fuel and too large of a spark plug gap. Went to .20 and cured it instantly. But if it is the coils for sure, ask in the MK4 section, I got a lot of response from members who had either done the ls1 coils or had spare sets laying around since it is a common issue on the 2J (And so I guess, the 1J as well :) )

·
HMOOB VWJ NYOB MINNESOTA
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MattOneDime said:
I thought mine were bad too.. Ended up being too rich with fuel and too large of a spark plug gap. Went to .20 and cured it instantly. :) )

Does any body else drop their gap that low (.20)? I gap my plugs at .26 and still miss like hell. Maybe I'll try .20 and see if it help.

Does anybody here had HKS DLI on there car? I'm thinking about getting one pretty soon.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
I had a friend put one in his mk4, he noticed a difference at the top end (and I did too) when he was driving at high boost ~25 psi no more miss, ever.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts