Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i am very happy with the numbers. I had heard that final edition Esprits made more power than others, but didnt realize how much. Lotus has never changed the HP rating. I expected it to make less than 300rwhp. My car made 344.6 rwhp, and 298ftpds torque bone stock. Same dyno, Ferrari 360 CS made 329rwhp. That gives the Lotus a better power to weight ratio than a 996TT, a Z06, Ferrari 360CS etc.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
yeoohh...very strong car :D Aren't they rated at 350 flywheel?

Good luck w/your project - I'm jealous :D
Jay

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
Damn allan great number!!! at a 15% drivetrain loss that car is over 400hp at the crank.

I cant believe the CS came in so low!! Either that car is SERIOUSLY overrated or there was something wrong. Thats almost a 24% drivetrain loss. any graphs for us :D

·
KILL THE WABBIT!
253 Posts
damn it

i want one of THESE now too!

will it ever end ;)

awesome results on one
SAWEEEEET RIDE! :)

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im on vacation, so i cant post the dyno chart. Its on my site www.lambo-power.com in the other cars section. Yes, Ferrari seriously OVERATES their HP, and underrates their weight.

We figure the car to make over 400crank hp. And the car weighs in right at 3000pds.

·
Registered
648 Posts
this is going to sound stupid, but is there any chance they got it backwards? as in the ferrari making 344 and the esprit making 329? kinda like when you play the telephone game. "i am going to get on supraforums purple toenail turtle".

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
sure doesnt look like it to me :) great power band, linear as hell.

·
Registered
139 Posts
cds01 said:
this is going to sound stupid, but is there any chance they got it backwards? as in the ferrari making 344 and the esprit making 329? kinda like when you play the telephone game. "i am going to get on supraforums purple toenail turtle".
nope. look at the picture above. a ferrari would never have a powerband like that. ahah

·
Banned
794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No, its definately not the opposite. Ferrari makes no power. For example a 355 Ferrari advertises 375hp, they make about 270 to the wheels.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts