Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious as the title says....whats the stock exhaust piping diameter....i really like the way the stock exhaust sounds, but i want to go NA-T....so if its too small, i guess ill have to just suck it up.....by the way...theres some video about some guy named wes...he made a dyno video....in the video there was text like....50,000 later he decided 400whp wasnt enough....its red, its then got a t88, and he made like 675whp....does anyone know what exhaust he had....thats one of the best ones ive ever heard...if anyone one wants to host it or they want to try to figure out what it is hit me up on aim - btm7687...also does anyone know if DaveH has a website up?

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks....what is the piping diameter of the stock TT exhaust....and what would you say the average price for one is

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I've measured them before.. but can't remember the numbers. I picked one up for free a while back, but I usually see them go for $50-$150.

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
I have heard a NA then the same NA with a turbo in it. The turbo was quieter. Could have been that car, but it makes sense that a turbo would effect the noise, so don't worry about the exhaust sound of the NA, it won't stay the same.

--Justin

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
Supra SONIC said:
I have heard a NA then the same NA with a turbo in it. The turbo was quieter. Could have been that car, but it makes sense that a turbo would effect the noise, so don't worry about the exhaust sound of the NA, it won't stay the same.

--Justin
yes.. turbos act as mufflers. The Neon SRT-4's don't have any mufflers!

·
The Stars At Night
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does daveh have some sort of site with parts he sells himself or something? some guys are talking about daveh turbo kits and daveh turbo manifolds

·
Registered
730 Posts
NAs are also louder due to the higher compression...
the turbine acting as a muffler does play the larger role though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts