Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13,569 Posts
I wouldn't call this a million 90deg bends but it's not as direct as a decent dp and aftermarket catback.

I'd say that factory setups are almost always a compromise to make it fit up nice and give plenty of ground and chassis clearance and a low acceptable sound level, not minimum restriction. IMO at only stock boost and corresponding power, the stock exhaust is obviously more than adequate.

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
I actually don't see any 90 deg. bends. WTF is up with that. Maybe your car has somebends that the rest of ours dont?

The stock exh is a pretty nice piece, but IMO it would have been better being a dual tipped (for aesthetics). Overall, for a stock piece, it's pretty large in diameter (figuring it's two tubes), so it does flow really well.

-M

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am a 95 (93-96) so idk if the exhaust differd for 97-98. but if you look at the picture up there you can see them. I just imagined that even with a large diamter, those sharp turns would slow down the flow. But im sure they engineered it correctly. I just thought it was wierd :)

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
stock exhaust isn't that bad, but i hate being quiet, it's no fun :p

the extra power from a 4" monster exhaust/ 3" dp comes in handy sometimes too. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts