Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the pressure of the stock FPR at no boost and is what is the rising rate proprotion?

what effect does the VSV Fuel Pressure UP valve have (does it affect rate, what does it to and what parameters does the stock ecu use to control it?)

Thanks
-M

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
43 pounds (for the tt, if you are still using the n/a, not sure)

The vsv removes vacuum from the signal line by closing a solenoid via an ecu ground signal. Vacuum reduces fuel pressure on our cars, so by removing the vacuum the ecu is artificially simulating an atmospheric condition and therefore increasing fuel pressure and fuel into the engine. This is done for cold starting conditions, and not used in warm start ups.

I've never checked to see if the ecu is smart enough to allow boost pressure through the closed solenoid, if you were to immediately boost the car after starting it, but I'd bet Toyota has a provision for that.

98mkiv said:
What is the pressure of the stock FPR at no boost and is what is the rising rate proprotion?

what effect does the VSV Fuel Pressure UP valve have (does it affect rate, what does it to and what parameters does the stock ecu use to control it?)

Thanks
-M

·
feeding your habit
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that's what I wanted to know, thanks very much.

I assume that the FPR is a rising rate unit (I'm running the TT FPR)... is it 1:1?

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
As far as I know it is a 1:1 rising unit.. The boost (or vacuum) in the intake mani is supporting the built in spring of the FPR..
Gerd

·
I love sequentials!
2,578 Posts
It is definitely 1:1 for a stock tt regulator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts