Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an afpr, but i need to take it off. im about to go get my car tuned on the dyno with the afc. i want to put my stock fpr back on and just get the car tuned at that fuel pressure and leave it on. i have the j-tube bybassed. here are my questions.

1. with the walbro, will fuel pressure be too high and run rich? the afc will take care of most of that, but will i run pig rich when on closed loop?

2. will the stock fpr be able to handle the extra pressure? how much extra pressure is there?

3. is there any way to run less pressure? how does the stock fpr work, is there just a small opening that creates pressure, could it be drilled out a little?

4. for people using the stock frp, where did you mount your sender for your fuel pressure guage?

THANK YOU

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
you can use the stock fpr with the walbro no problem. I will be doing this in about 2 weeks. also, use the search button....;)

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
It should be fine but if it runs rich drill out the j-tube slightly, I've had mine like that for many months with no troubles. Do a search on j-tube to find out what, how

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did use the search botton and researched it for about an hour last night, but there were still some things that were unclear, and most of the threads had people who said you couldn't and some who said you could. j-tube is already gone from when i installed the afpr

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bishop is running the stock FPR with 550s,Lex,Walbro pump, E-manage...with no problems i believe. I don't see why it would be a problem. An aftermarket Adjustable FPR regulator will give you a finer range of tuning ability....which is not needed unless you want to squeze out ever ounce of HP your car is capable of making...a AFC such as the S-AFC or E-manage should be enough to make up for the rich conditions the larger fuel pump will produce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts