Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright.. I freakin give up on the search function

i just installed a Fuel Pulsation Dampener Bypass w/ fuel pressure sender/gauge.

All else being stock on my fuel system, what fuel pressure should I see? I was under the impression that it should be around 40-43psi. I am seeing a fairly constant 32.0 - 32.6 warmed up and at idle. I have not chekced it otherwise as the car is still on jacks while I look for a coolant leak in the lower rad pipe.

Car has always been fine without any fuel issues in the past..

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I see 40+ on my bpu. BTW did you do the 12V conversion on your pump? That might help your pressure at idle. You might want to change your toyota fuel filter also when you did the bypass line. I did mine after to see any difference and picked up 5 psi with the new filter. Good luck with that leak.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope, no 12V conversion. So it is in 9v mode at idle, I imagine. I replaced the filter when I installed the bypass line.

thanks, I think I know where the leak is coming from. I have a fluidyne and a silicon lower rad pipe. This silicon pipe is too large in diameter for the fluidyne and stock coolant neck. No amount of clamping force seems to want to stop the leak, even with the t-bolt clamp I have installed on it. Now I have to make sure the pipe itself isn't cracked.

At least I am not smelling any gas or seeing any gas leaks after running it for a while, implying there are no leaks in the gas line fittings. :)

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I appreciate it. Nice to know I am normal :)

srch worked periodically for me a few weeks ago but I could not get anything yesterday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts