Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not too hard to do. I plan to use and keep the stock injectors, but the stock FPR I just didn't trust (that and I want to be able to adjust my fuel pressure).

I had the rail off, and removed the injectors and o-rings. I had a plug made to go in the stock FPR hole, and welded it shut. Then had the closed end of the stock rail drilled and tapped for 1/8" NPT. Make sure the hole goes all the way through to the #1 injector location. Used a 1/8NPT x 6AN adapter, then ran 6AN stainless hose to the regulator. 6AN hose from regulator to stock return hard line connecting near bottom of firewall.

The guy who did my fuel rail only charged me $25 for the service.

He also made a plug and welded the EGR hole in the lower manifold. Now the EGR tubing and valve are totally removed from the car.

While that was off, it was real easy to remove some vacumn canister and lines that ran the stock twins (I have a single turbo), along with the fuel damper (I have a fuel damper bypass, 6AN line), and bypass the coolant that goes through the throttle body and IAC.

BTW, I am using the A1000-6 Aeromotive regulator, with a 0-60psi VDO gauge on the regulator.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tried that fitting 1/8 NPT to 6 AN, but the intenal diameter was way too small. I don't know what it'll do on the flow bench but welding a 6AN and have the full diameter makes more sense to me.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AnArKey said:
While that was off, it was real easy to remove some vacumn canister and lines that ran the stock twins (I have a single turbo), along with the fuel damper (I have a fuel damper bypass, 6AN line), and bypass the coolant that goes through the throttle body and IAC.
Did you notice a difference in the way the car idled after doing this? Does the coolant play a functional role in the performance of the IAC or just for emissions?

I am in the process of installing an SP fuel system and I'd like to ditch the coolant hoses for the IAC and TB. I just got the crossover pipe off that goes from the back of the WP around to the oil cooler. (bitch to do with the motor in)

I did this so I can remove the rubber plug that was capping off the old twin water outlet and the rubber 90 that fed the heater core pipe. I don't want the DP to burn these pieces during an event.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts