Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a jdm 2jzgte,and I wanna ask something about the fuel system upgrade
when I'll go single (max target 650-700 whp).

Is it a good idea to keep the stock fuel rail and mode it for a second feed port?
I have the 440cc as it is stock jdm 2jz,and wondering about throwing some
850cc top feed high resistance injectors on the twin feed modded oem rail.
How much fuel flow/hp can the oem rail handle...even modded?

www.RHDjapan.com has some nice 850cc top feed high impedence injectors
that plugs right on the stock harness,and these will be more than enough for
my max hp target ....

·
Registered
872 Posts
no, I have aftermarket 10an rail with 880cc with stock lines and single stock pump.( so far so good, I'll add a Boost-A-Pump later, if needed)
the rail is cheap anyway,just do it. IMO

·
The "Tactileneck"
1,168 Posts
Ohhh that's right, this is Jon from Norman with the Lex. Sorry man. I thought you had stock rail retapped/bored for the 880s.

·
Registered
838 Posts

Is it a good idea to keep the stock fuel rail and mode it for a second feed port?

my max hp target ....
How a you planning to install top feed injectors on ur side feed rail? If you keeping ur stock rail you will need some side feed high impedance injectors and yes you will need to make second feed line as well as second fuel pump for your goals.
You should just go with top feed rail and injectors.

·
Registered
915 Posts
i got a polished HKS replica rail with everything to isntall including fittings for $100 shipped. It's brand new. Also when I had a SR i talked to enthalpy about going with blitz 850cc side feed injectors and he said they weren't that great. He said the 740's were fine but the 850 were hard to tune or something (it's been like 3+ years). also i know a set of tomei 740's cost at or arounf $500 just for 4, it would almost be cheaper or close to the same amount to go ahead and do a top feed set up

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How a you planning to install top feed injectors on ur side feed rail? If you keeping ur stock rail you will need some side feed high impedance injectors and yes you will need to make second feed line as well as second fuel pump for your goals.
You should just go with top feed rail and injectors.
My mistake! Yeah,the stock oem rail is side feeded........
rhdjapan.com gives side feeded injectors for the stock rail.
But,anyway...I think I'll get a SARD top feed rail,that goes for about 200 $
Any other top feed rails? Brands?

Thanks for the info guys

·
My Own "Carbon Fiber Guy"
2,287 Posts

my max hp target ....
I'm running a stock rail with dual feeds and my car dyno'd 715RWHP on C16 & 34lbs. of boost. That is with Blitz 850CC injectors. They are a direct drop in to the OEM rail. Also, the A/F is sitting at about 11.7 under boost so it is safe to do but I wouldn't go much further than 700'ish RWHP on a modded stock rail.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running a stock rail with dual feeds and my car dyno'd 715RWHP on C16 & 34lbs. of boost. That is with Blitz 850CC injectors. They are a direct drop in to the OEM rail. Also, the A/F is sitting at about 11.7 under boost so it is safe to do but I wouldn't go much further than 700'ish RWHP on a modded stock rail.
There you go.....Good to know someone with big power and stock modded fuel
rail. Thanks for the info!

·
2,287 Posts
There you go.....Good to know someone with big power and stock modded fuel
rail. Thanks for the info!
Yep, no problem. And I can tell you that when I pop the hood and people go looking for some big anodized fuel rail that says "full fuel system" they get pretty tripped out to find a stocker sitting there!

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
I'm running SARD 850cc side feed injectors on my stock rail. I tapped out the stock fuel pressure port to adapt a -6 AN. From there I run a -6 to an aermotive A1000 AFPR. I'm running a bosch 044 in-line pump that I adapted to run in the tank. I did the bypass mod. to complete the install.

And how does it run? I made 620whp on 93 octane pump gas. My duty cycle was approximately 60% with my base fuel pressure at 42psi. Sufficed to say, I have plenty of room left.

It works well, it's just not what most people do.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I'm running SARD 850cc side feed injectors on my stock rail. I tapped out the stock fuel pressure port to adapt a -6 AN. From there I run a -6 to an aermotive A1000 AFPR. I'm running a bosch 044 in-line pump that I adapted to run in the tank. I did the bypass mod. to complete the install.

And how does it run? I made 620whp on 93 octane pump gas. My duty cycle was approximately 60% with my base fuel pressure at 42psi. Sufficed to say, I have plenty of room left.

It works well, it's just not what most people do.

- Chris

Nice, a simple single pump setup at over 600rwhp. I like it.

·
Cheifbootknocka
1,944 Posts
I'm running a bosch 044 in-line pump ...

And how does it run? I made 620whp on 93 octane pump gas...

- Chris
Is it loud ? im ordering mine this week.
and what size turbo when you were running that hp level ?

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
I would just upgrade the whole fuel system. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass down the road if something goes wrong and you opted to cut a $500 corner.

·
2,287 Posts
I would just upgrade the whole fuel system. You'll be kicking yourself in the ass down the road if something goes wrong and you opted to cut a $500 corner.
Na, the stock rail does the trick. Darin (here on Supra Forums) had his buddy at an engineering firm flow test it using their equipment and it proved to flow very well. I will have to ask him for the results.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts