Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
B
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing that the 87-88 intercooler was different from the 89+. One had extra piping already on it while the other using rubber pieces. Does anyone know which is which? Maybe a comparison picture?
Thanks.

·
FasterThanASpeedingCivic
671 Posts
My 88 has rubber all around, if that helps you.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
The 89+ is the "white" one and the 87-88 is the black one ... TMK.

See pic:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
I believe you guys are all wrong, only the 87 had a different intercooler, 88+ had the same ones, aight peace...

EDIT: I will go to the garage tomorrow and look at the ICs, i have a 88 IC (CSR's) and my 90... aight peace

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
BoostAddctn said:
I believe you guys are all wrong, only the 87 had a different intercooler, 88+ had the same ones, aight peace...

EDIT: I will go to the garage tomorrow and look at the ICs, i have a 88 IC (CSR's) and my 90... aight peace
K, back, i finally found time to go to the garage and look, and CSR MA71's IC is the same as mines... His is a 88 and mines is a 90, which goes back to my original statement that only the 87 had different intercoolers and everyone after 87 was the same, AIGHT PEACE :wtf:

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
That one looks like mine. The 87 had different ic piping from what I remember.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I think that both mine and Shawn's pictures/directions/indications/descriptions are accurate. BUT ... I am not positive.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
The one you said was 89+ also looks like my 87's...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Kind of confusing about the years/application thing. In the EPC it shows that your car could have either intercooler regardless of year.

In my Canadian parts catalog, it has different listing for pre 89 and 89+ intercoolers.

My Canadian 88 has the "pre 89" intercooler type.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts