Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive been trying to decide whether or not i want to keep my supra looking stock (stock wheels, stock wing, etc etc)... or if i want to go out a little bit appearance wise....

what do yall think about the "sleeper" (supras cant really be a sleeper lol) look vs. the appearance mods....

appearance wise im thinking about getting 18" Volk Gram Light Pros.. Stillen front end... RMM carbon fiber rear wing.. Top Secret carbon fiber hood (not all at once.. over the next few months)... along with the 97-98 tail lights, front turn signals, and headlights i already have.. or would you leave the car's bodywork stock and focus on performance mods (my car is bone stock right now 94TT)..?

any opinions? thanks.. btw my car is a black on tan 94TT targa btw, already has 97-98 headlights, taillights, turn signals, and 5% side and rear windows tinted.

thanks.
CJ

·
Retro Stuntin'
2,837 Posts
It's all up to you...you should do what you want to it...

I would personally go sleeper look...I like the clean look...

good luck on your project.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TKO said:
It's all up to you...you should do what you want to it...

I would personally go sleeper look...I like the clean look...

good luck on your project.
Dave C said:
just get a nice set of rims, its original not to have "plastic" body panels now...
thanks for opinions. the more i think about it, the more im liking the idea of just do the wheels and leave the rest of the appearance stock..

reason i asked is, i like the look of the stillen front end and all that stuff i listed, but i would feel guilty about taking away from the clean stock lines of the car. :)

besides, for the price of the hood, front end, wing, getting all of that painted, etc.... i could have my car BPU-ed maybe with a few extras :)

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Sleeper:sleep:

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
The JZA80 is flashy enough as it is.

If it's just a street car set it to BPU and get some wheels.

I'm a big fan of the 'close to stock with more under the hood' look.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Do whats been done to my car. Looks stock but meaner. Get a nice set of 18 x 10 for the rear and 18 x 9 for the front. Toss on a good set of lowering springs. Drop 1.5" in the front and 1" in the rear. Gives it a nice, ready to pounce stance. Then toss on a RMM front lip and your stylin. Nice clean look, very close to stock

My car. http://store5.yimg.com/I/supra_1749_2138011

·
Retired Super-Mod
10,170 Posts
Don't waste your time with lowering springs -- they suck and you will experience scraping if my experience is any indication.

Just get Tein HA's. Better handling and a like-stock ride.

·
Driver Down
1,991 Posts
quick said:
The JZA80 is flashy enough as it is.

If it's just a street car set it to BPU and get some wheels.

I'm a big fan of the 'close to stock with more under the hood' look.
:agreed:

Stock is definitely the coolest in my book! :bigthumb:

Nice wheels, some tint.. that's really all that is needed.

The money spent on body mods could have been spent on go-fast mods (the best mods lol)

·
Registered
182 Posts
All ya need is that RMM front lip. Adds a nice look to the car. Thats the only body mod I will ever do to this car.

·
Banned
1,570 Posts
19's and lowering springs! forget it youd scrape like nobody's business

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quick said:
Don't waste your time with lowering springs -- they suck and you will experience scraping if my experience is any indication.

Just get Tein HA's. Better handling and a like-stock ride.
Tein's are the first suspension mod on my wish list :D

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,080 Posts
First off guys, there's no such thing as a "sleeper" MKIV. People are scared to race an N/A most of the time, so you're not gonna fool many people.

I would say fix the car up any way you like. Personally, I think stock is boring and looks just like every other one out there. I prefer some individualism, but that's just my opinion.

If you're not into being too flashy, I would at least go with wheels and a front lip. Slick looking, but not over the top.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think, just to be different, you should make your Supra look like a Civic....

No seriously, if you like the Gram Lights, Stillen front end, and the rest stock, then do THAT! It's your car.

·
Punjabi By Nature
121 Posts
I am myself a fan of the stock lines on the supra. I got the front RMM lip and painted the stock sides to match the car and threw some rear Veilside skirts. Looks pretty close to stock and I like the stock wheels on my car too. The only other front end I would ever consider is the Whiffin front.

·
//gwailo-
828 Posts
doesnt it bother anyone that when you put on a front lip it looks drastically out of perportion? Even painting the sides it looks like the front bumper is lower than the rest of the car. I think it actually ruins the line of the supra by having a nice side profile until you pass the front wheel then BAM bulky front lip.

look how much lower the front bumper is than the rest of the body. and its not just the angle.

All I'm saying is it needs to be complimented if you put on a front lip. (IMO)

//gwailo-

·
Useless Member
717 Posts
Yeah get some nice 18"s, sticky tires, and coil overs. HKS hiper damper or TEIN. Some sway bars too.

Then spend the rest on go fast mods. If you must do body add-ons, I say just stick to a front lip - gives your Supra a new look but retains the clean stock lines.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts