Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, can someone help me out here. I wanna do away with my Greddy Power Extreme. I want to get an aftermarket exhaust that flows like the PE, but looks as close to stock as possible. I want to de-rice my car completely.. make her into a single turbo sleeper. Any suggestions?

thanks,
mike

·
Supra OG
2,392 Posts
Take the stock exhaust and gut it. Remove the piping forward and replace it with a single pipe of a larger diameter. Doesn't seem like that would be too hard for an exhaust shop to do. My dad gutted his exhaust but has the stock piping that splits and joins back together. It doesn't sound much deeper than stock.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tanbe G-Power For Sure.

Ive got a 97 with BPU+ and the tanbe G-power exhaust and it sounds stock. Its a little deeper and sounds great at top end. The pipe its self looks closer to stock than anything eles. Anyway TMOP

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
The Tanabe G Medallion looks the closest to the stock muffler offered by an aftermarket co. that I have seen. It's a tad bigger in dia. but looks like the stock one for the most part.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunantly my stock exhaust is missing in action.. gonna go checkout the Tanabe G.. can it sill be purchased, MVP's site says it's been discontinued. How does it comapre to the Hyper Medallion (in terms of looks)? Thanks again.

mike

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
I'll be happy to get your GreddyPE

Fargas said:
Hey, can someone help me out here. I wanna do away with my Greddy Power Extreme. I want to get an aftermarket exhaust that flows like the PE, but looks as close to stock as possible. I want to de-rice my car completely.. make her into a single turbo sleeper. Any suggestions?

thanks,
mike
Mike,

I'm in SoCal and would be happy to take it off your hands.

When is it going to be available? what shape is it in? How much $$$ ?

Thx,

Jay :blue:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: I'll be happy to get your GreddyPE

It's a little banged up, at least the piping undernearth the car. The cansiter/tip needs some polishing.. I'd put it at a moderate to good condition. I'll let you know when I get my new exhaust.

mike

supra_10 said:

Mike,

I'm in SoCal and would be happy to take it off your hands.

When is it going to be available? what shape is it in? How much $$$ ?

Thx,

Jay :blue:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Fargas said:
I wanna do away with my Greddy Power Extreme. I want to get an aftermarket exhaust that flows like the PE, but looks as close to stock as possible.
A simple solution that should yield a great performing exhaust would be to take your current PE exhaust and chop of the canister. Then take your stock exhuast and chop the canister off of that. Gut the stock canister and weld it to the PE exhuast. This will give you a free flowing exhuast using a free flowing (gutted) stock canister.

This is an old trick used by many veterans who build sleepers.

The real trick is going to be hiding the FMIC. Maybe you could paint it black.

-pete

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Mike (Fargas),

I'm curious... R u being hasseled by the cops in your area? If u r, r they looking under the car for a cat, and under the hood, etc.? Or is there another reason for u changing exhausts?

Hope u don't mind...I'm planning on getting the same Greddy PE...

Jay :)

·
Live your dreams
922 Posts
Magic said:

A simple solution that should yield a great performing exhaust would be to take your current PE exhaust and chop of the canister. Then take your stock exhuast and chop the canister off of that. Gut the stock canister and weld it to the PE exhuast. This will give you a free flowing exhuast using a free flowing (gutted) stock canister.

This is an old trick used by many veterans who build sleepers.

The real trick is going to be hiding the FMIC. Maybe you could paint it black.

-pete
Pete,

Assuming one is performing that kind of 'surgery', what kind of sound do u get, especially with a DP? And when u say "gut it" do u mean like COMPLETELY?
cz I like the idea very much...

Jay :bthumb:

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Actually, I've never been pulled over or hassled by the cops for my exhaust.. but I do run with a hi-flow cat, not worth the trouble or potential financial lose getting caught running without one.

I just don't like the super canister look of the exhaust... too big and in your face. Ok, this is gonna sound lame, but you wouldn't believe how many chicks I've dated who've commented about it in a negative way. :( Ricer mobiles just aren't happening with the ladies. I know, depends on the lady, I'm not talking cheap and easy ghetto bootie special here. ;)

Damn, if I could only afford a c320 (or c55) in addition to my Supra!!

mike

supra_10 said:
Mike (Fargas),

I'm curious... R u being hasseled by the cops in your area? If u r, r they looking under the car for a cat, and under the hood, etc.? Or is there another reason for u changing exhausts?

Hope u don't mind...I'm planning on getting the same Greddy PE...

Jay :)

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Re: Stock looking aftermarket exhaust?!?!

supra_10 said:

Pete,

Assuming one is performing that kind of 'surgery', what kind of sound do u get, especially with a DP? And when u say "gut it" do u mean like COMPLETELY?
cz I like the idea very much...

Jay :bthumb:
When doing this you will end up with the stock muffler and stock tip. Depending on how much work you would like to do. You would have two reasonable options. The first is to just make sure the stock muffler has on unobstructed path. If it does not you could take a pipe and "punch" it through to "gut" it. The second option would be to cut the muffler in half (slicing it length wise) and welding in a "stright through" pipe. Then welding the two halves back together. I think you can get away with the first option. It would still be almost as loud as your regular PE but it may have a slightly different tone. It should not sound too different though.

Hope this helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts