Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I dont think this has been ever brought up, and I was curious about this since I have never heard a stock mkiii BOV and witch im going to use on my 7m-gte swap...just wondering what it sounds like if it sounds like anything at all...thanks

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
It's not supposed to make noise unless its broken. Mine's broken and it sounds like a regular blow off valve with a flutter to it. It's actually rather cool, broken or not.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
how do i break it :D

could I just take the pipe from the bov to the accordian hose off?
Umm, I don't think you want to break it, they have them on for a reason other then sound you know. I'm going to replace mine with an after market one sometime, if you wan't I'll hold on to my broken one just for you lol.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i've also got a stocker making a funny noise. it goes "TSH-TSH-TSH-TSH-TSH" very quickly. any recommendations?

·
Registered
75 Posts
replace it, the diaphram is stuffed

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
wait wait wait....the stock BOV makes a noise you just cant hear it with the stock air box on.... once you put a intake on IE: K&N FIPK then youcan hear the stock Bov a lot better..... its a woosh of air with a bit of flutter which isnt all bad.....

FYI: if anyone needs a stock BOV i have one for sale ;)

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
IdealSupra said:
wait wait wait....the stock BOV makes a noise you just cant hear it with the stock air box on.... once you put a intake on IE: K&N FIPK then youcan hear the stock Bov a lot better..... its a woosh of air with a bit of flutter which isnt all bad.....

FYI: if anyone needs a stock BOV i have one for sale ;)
It's not very loud, you can barely hear it over the engine...

when its broken its real loud.

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
^^^ Hey thats not funny, I want one!!!

K maybe I'm just deperate, but I long lust after that boost I so long ago lost!!!! Save me please!! hehe :)

·
CT12 Destroyer
2,993 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ma71supraturbo
save yourself the trouble: http://www.takakaira.com/accessorie...nightpager.html
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
They sell one on ebay that does the same dumb thing but its a little fan in yer muffler LMAO :D

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
sorry guys i DID search...i didnt use "Stock bypass valve" as a string...sorry....i did stuff like "stock blow off valve sound" and stuff and came up short of nothing

and im not a freakin ricer lol...i know the car LOOKS like it, but seriously i hate the whole look...dont asume i painted that thing like that lol.

I KNOW you guys upgrade to a aftermarket BOV not only for the support for higher boost levels, but for the SOUND...if you dont agree the bov sound is one of the best sounds that comes in the whole package of a turbo car then I would agree to you guys knockin on me and tellin me its best to get a stupid ricer bov sound maker....dont flame me plz im just trying to get my point out...thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts