Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone done this? im not a big fan of my N1 muffler so i am thinking about cutting it off and welding on my stock muffler. cause right now im running a 3"ddp to a 1.5" (stock na piping) catback.

i also dont want anything to attract cops. is there any aftermarket mufflers that you guys suggest that isnt loud? then again it can be loud but just dont attract cops (otherwise no shiney tin cans). ;)

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah i was thinking about going with a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The 3 inch hooker straight through mufflers sound awesome, and are very low-key looking. My buddy has one on his rb25, and my other buddy has one on his turbo mustang. Sound amazing.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
I have the magna flow; with a 3in system the thing is loud as hell in the cabin. However outside of the car, it's actually sounds pretty mean. Nice and deep and none of that high pitched cracking junk sound.

·
I have auto ADD.
4,567 Posts
3"ddp to a 1.5" (stock na piping) catback.

LOL get a real exaust. the tanabe is supposed to be the quietest.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got one. a cooleeze 3" catback to a megan racing n1 style muffler.

but im not a fan of the tin can mufflers plus it attract to much cops which i do not like.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Stock turbo muffler, cut in half, gutted with a 3" pipe straight through and then welded back together. ;)

Then two inline mufflers before the "stock" muffler.

The joys of keeping an entirely stock looking car (minus wheels/tires).

·
single 1j
456 Posts
driftedmk3 said:
has anyone done this? im not a big fan of my N1 muffler so i am thinking about cutting it off and welding on my stock muffler. cause right now im running a 3"ddp to a 1.5" (stock na piping) catback.

i also dont want anything to attract cops. is there any aftermarket mufflers that you guys suggest that isnt loud? then again it can be loud but just dont attract cops (otherwise no shiney tin cans). ;)
i'm in the exact same situation as you. and i'm planning on getting my exhaust flanged from my piping and also the stock mk4 exhaust so then i could just interchange them whenever i want. by the way, will the stock mk4 exhaust look funny in a mk3 if anyone has seen it?

·
way over budget
664 Posts
brewster said:
3"ddp to a 1.5" (stock na piping) catback.

LOL get a real exaust. the tanabe is supposed to be the quietest.
to make a long stupid story short, the tanabe exhaust is really really quiet, even with big turbo, standalone....you know all kinds of go fast stuff. but if you don't want shiny eshaust, I suppose it's not for you.

·
Take it!
996 Posts
I have 3" cooleeze exhaust pipes welded onto a 2.5" inlet magnaflow muffler with one hi-flow cat. It sounds very quiet but not as quiet as the greddy sp. The magnaflow gives it a deep "growl" tone. The magnaflow muffler I have is shiny but gives the stock look. Not too quiet and not too loud...its just right.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
get an electric cut out then you wont have to worry about it. just open it up when your gonna race or whatever. then close it.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoolme said:
get an electric cut out then you wont have to worry about it. just open it up when your gonna race or whatever. then close it.
rather get the ones that open when your at WOT. :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :gaysex:

·
i'm slo
255 Posts
I love the dual tip magnaflow...Still has that stock dual tip look, but then it gives that big outlet look.

Sounds nice and smooth too!

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
GotToyota? said:
Just put a silencer in your muffler.

-Matt
I have the Megan N-1 ripoff and it's loud as f^#k but sounds really good other than that. It's 3" cooleeze dp > 3" magnaflow cat > 3" custom piping > 3" muffler. With the baffle in, it is actually very quiet, but the look is a bit much. I plan on getting a magnaflow 3" muffler added inline in the catback and then panting the whole system flat black except for the muffler tip. It should be quiter, smoother, a little more stealthy and almost silent with the baffle in. Never underestimate the effect of an inline muffler. It makes a huge difference in sound.

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
man someone jacked my scilencer.. haha i was at dennys one night and there was a bunch of racers outside. went outside after i finish eatting and it was gone. haha

·
Registered
311 Posts
staticpat said:
dual tip magnaflow is the coolest. you can kind of see in my sig.
Can you get a sound clip of your exhaust? I've wanted to hear a soundclip of that exhaust and can't find one!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts