Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellow mkiv owners....i just installed a greddy oil pressure guage in my mkiv....im just wondering wat the stock oil pressure is and would having a greddy oil cooler make any difference in wat the pressure is suppose to be??? right know the pressure goes up around 6.0 in the greddy guage...is this too much pressure or am i running fine.....plz advice!!!

tried doing the search thing...but mostly mkiii stuff came up..so i started a new thread!!

thanks in adavance.....

yogi

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the replies guys....yes my car is singled...guess im ok as far as the oild pressure is concerned!!

·
Registered
593 Posts
What about a new motor les than 100 miles with 70 PSI on start up ?....
New oil pump with single t88H greddy turbo.....

·
Registered
682 Posts
Oil pressure is determined by how you set up the clearance on the bearings. I have 4k on my new motor and am running 10-30 Amsoil. Pressure cold is about 95 psi. Warm idle is 32 psi. Bearings were set at spec. You are all okay. Can't build two motors with exactly the same oil pressure. Will always vary some IMHO.

·
Registered
593 Posts
BARTON said:
Oil pressure is determined by how you set up the clearance on the bearings. I have 4k on my new motor and am running 10-30 Amsoil. Pressure cold is about 95 psi. Warm idle is 32 psi. Bearings were set at spec. You are all okay. Can't build two motors with exactly the same oil pressure. Will always vary some IMHO.
Thank you..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts