Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after being fed up with noisey hawk hp plus pads i just bought front and rear stock pads with shims. the rear shim kit has 16 shims 8 black and 8 stainless. do i put the stainless on then black shim and then use the supplied gold grease on the black shim on piston side? the front shim kit is just 8 stainless shims not like the rear.hope this solves the nasty squeal from the hard mettalic hawk pads that are in there now.i tried to cut the slit and chamfer the hawks like stocks were but still made noise.

·
11,217 Posts
The fronts have the black shims too, but it's like $25 (not really worth it). You put the shiny shims on the pads, then the black shims (for the rears) on. With the supplied grease, you put it on both sides of the shims (both the black and silver ones).

It doesn't matter if it looks nasty/messy, as long as there's lubrication. If you need anything else, hit me up on AIM.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks , i was told only too lube the outer shim that touches the piston not in between them.my shim kit for fronts only have the shiny shims and the rear has 2 sets black and shiny.everyone has a different way thats why i ask.

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Well the way I see it, the more lub there is on parts, the less chance of squeeking. Extra lube won't hurt.
Won't hurt, but that small packet that comes with the stock kit really won't do one side well.
Buy some "Brake Quiet" in a spray can.

·
Registered
661 Posts
For the rears i greased the back of the brake pad with the gold grease. I placed the black shim kit on then the stainless steel one last with grease in between the black and the stainless steel one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts