1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my cousin just got a supra, but he really knows nothing about it,

anyways its a 2jzett and according to the boost gauge its pushing 11-12psi

is that stock? what is the stock psi?

anyways, he also has a check engine light, which he said 'he has no cat' not sure about that ill have to look into it, but.. wouldn't this mean his a/f ratio would be thrown off and he would be running too lean/rich due to the cel?

anyways any information is welcome, i searched stock psi, nothing came up :p

but uh yea, hes too much of a tard to get on forums and ask =)

and small intro, i have an rsx type s turbo charged at 9psi ;< nothing great but its fun.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Stock psi is 10.8, however that will very slightly depending on altitude, outside temp etc. Fuel cut will occur at 14psi without some kind of cut controller.

Not sure about the engine light. Cars without cats ie: full downpipes don't get them. Perhaps if he has a downpipe and the O2 sensor was damaged, or not reinstalled that could cause the error but I am purely guessing on that one.

·
Hardtop Crew
6,357 Posts
i have no cats and sometimes my light comes on but its been awhile. stock psi i thought was around 10-12...

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
when mine was stock it read 11.3... I thought it was 10-12 too....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ah great, thanks for the replies guys, so as far as i know i think he has obd2 (98) and it throws cel,

and everything is basically stock, but he wanted to boost higher not much higher but a little higher, butt would he be able to simply raise the boost or will ecu tuning be necessary? not sure what kind of tuning ecu's are available or most common for supras?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
ah great, thanks for the replies guys, so as far as i know i think he has obd2 (98) and it throws cel,

and everything is basically stock, but he wanted to boost higher not much higher but a little higher, butt would he be able to simply raise the boost or will ecu tuning be necessary? not sure what kind of tuning ecu's are available or most common for supras?
yup, if he has a 98 and no cats, then that will cause the CEL. As for raising boost, get a bcc and a boost controller

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so running no cats, throwing the engine light is just a precaution? or is the ecu not knowing his a/f ratio running too lean or rich?

okay so basically, greddy bcc will just allow for higher boost, im guessing its like a piggy back? for fuel cutting?

thanks again.

·
Registered
13,569 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cool thanks guys, really appreciate everything, still trying to learn as most as i can, most common set ups, and what not =)

i thought i'd get zero responses but you guys did drop a few lines so thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts