Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

If one were to widen the stock rear rim 17x9.5 to a 17x11.5 with a 1 inch adapter, what tire size would be appropriate? The rear suspension has KYB AGX shocks with Eibach springs. Would a 315/35/17 say BFG Drag Radial work or a 335/35/17 Kumho V700 do the job?

All comments are welcomed.

·
Supra Addict Since 1984
362 Posts
Hi Harry -

Send a PM to Steve Jarvis for his recommendation. I'm guessing he'll suggest Yoko AVS Sports in a 315. Be sure to mention your preference for road course racing! I know you're not very interesnted in drags and this will affect his counsel.

And don't be surprised if he gets on you for not widening the fronts. :)

John
www.utahracing.com
www.to4r.com

·
Registered
970 Posts
There also is a link on MKIV.com that gives a company. I think it was around $700 for the rear set to go from 9.5 to 11.5 inches

Brett

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,915 Posts
Re: Re: Stock rim widened...what tire should I go with?

John Minert said:
Hi Harry -

Send a PM to Steve Jarvis for his recommendation. I'm guessing he'll suggest Yoko AVS Sports in a 315. Be sure to mention your preference for road course racing! I know you're not very interesnted in drags and this will affect his counsel.

And don't be surprised if he gets on you for not widening the fronts. :)

John
www.utahracing.com
www.to4r.com
*off-topic*

Hey John, i just wanted to say that you have a beautiful supra, it looked fantastic in Vegas, you probably dont remember me but i met you with the Steve's (Theodore and Smith) one morning in Vegas....regardless, your car is amazing and keep up the great modding!!

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
John, what's going on!?

Man, I had a chance to check out your car on utahracing.com and I am really impressed! Awesome ride. I think after your new addition, it shall be even more sexier!

;)

·
Unfvckwithable
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TheMadSupra said:
There also is a link on MKIV.com that gives a company. I think it was around $700 for the rear set to go from 9.5 to 11.5 inches

Brett
I had checked out that info already and was asking about particular wheel fitment. I have found that a 335/35/17 will be a
[email protected]$% to fit under a supra with stock fenders...even if the fenders were rolled. The 315/35/17 are a for sure bet to work.

Just trying to see how far I could.

Thanks for your input.

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts