Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody reduced the weight of the stock seat by removing the motors out of the driver seat?

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
oscolivar1 said:
get a passanger side seat and put it in...
Much easier said than done. It's a pita, doesn't fit right, everythings on the wrong side, and even the passenger seat is still 45 lbs.

Just get some new lightweight safe seats

·
Super Moderator
10,884 Posts
I'm with Global... getting a pair of nice FIA homologated seats and appropriate hardware for both sides is easily done for $700-800 these days. If you want ultimate, just buy a drivers side and pull both stock seats out, and make bitches sit in the back. Going Fleabay on seats makes them even cheaper.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I used to have racing seats in my car. Let me tell you i took them out to put the stock seats back in and putting the raceing seats in there was the biggest mistake i have ever made. The damn stock seats are the most confertable seats around and are electric. Instead of getting different seats just get a bigger turbo to compensate.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I put some Civic seats in my car. Almost a direct bolt on. I figure since Civic parts are a dime a dozen on ebay, get some seats and brackets for a civic, and you're set.

·
BMM
2,329 Posts
supra8795 said:
I used to have racing seats in my car. Let me tell you i took them out to put the stock seats back in and putting the raceing seats in there was the biggest mistake i have ever made. The damn stock seats are the most confertable seats around and are electric. Instead of getting different seats just get a bigger turbo to compensate.
:werd: i have seen a lot of people do the same, and almost everyone said the stockers are the most comfy. i would suggest leaving them. if you wanna lose some wieght with seats, i would start with getting rid of the rear ones.

G

·
Well, I just weighd front both and rears. Taking out the rears only save about 30lbs, passengers another 25lbs but the drivers a nice 70lbs. If you want to really do it. Take all out and buy one aftermarket that weighs in at about 20lbs. Just dropped 100lbs and picked up 10 hp.

·
Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,172 Posts
blackout_89t said:
Passenger seat from a RHD supra. ;)
I did this in my car. Got the seat off ebay for about 100 bucks. The seat was perfect, the fit was perfect everything is on the correct side. Took about 15 minutes to install and I saved 28lbs. It looks identical to the original seat. It is about 1" more narrow than a drivers seat as passenger seats were slightly more narrow.

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
BTZ said:
what about the seat belt?
You can bolt it to the trans tunnel, there's a predrilled hole :ugh2:

Should be this way anyways, iirc it's not good to have the seatbelt going to the seat, cuz in an accident there's more pressure on the seat and less support, so the seatbelt provides absolutely useless if the seat comes up :ugh2:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts