Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, last night, some asshole(s) tried to tamper with my car, it had a car cover over it and when i woke up to look out the car cover was sitting in the middle of the street. went out to put it back on, and they cut where the bunji was located under the car (guessing to not make any noise). so now my brand new car cover is shit because some assholes cant afford a supra. anyway... im not exactly the richest guy around and cant exactly afford an alarm at the moment... i know a few times when i was shutting my hood, id shut it, then my headlights would pop up and my horn would start sounding off, im sure our cars stock came with a security system. i have a stock 88 na with a sports package, and when i lock the doors, the red security light blinks inside the car. when i go to touch my door handles and what not, nothing happens, how do i reactivate my security system toyota gave me stock back in 88'?

· Supra hail dent king :(
1,209 Posts
mine never was sensitive to that. it would just blow up whenever i left the doors unlocked w/ the alarm activated. or if i lock it and it doesn't shut all the way. i give the door a little bump to shut all the way then it's unlocked and the alarm is activated for some weird reason. i dunno. it's not a very good alarm.

· Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn...

im sure it isnt, but i just need to my baby to tell me visitors are around her so i can wake up and tend to the situation....anyone know how to reactivate the thing to make it actual work?, did it come with a keyless entry module or anything?...i dontwant to go another night with her sitting out there with no security.

· Registered
755 Posts
I just bought a Clifford Matrix RSX 3.5 Alarm, Two-way pager, Remote Start, LCD screen off of ebay. $180 bucks off of ebay from a certain seller. I contacted her and she said she still has the clifford, viper, and python systems still available for $175. Well worth the money. Install it yourself if you have the time. Or else installation companies will not use the KY... $350 just to install it at best buy. :rolleyes:

Im just throwing it out there. It took a bit to get shipped. But if your interested just let me konw and I'll PM you the name of the seller. They are brand new in the box, NOT refurbed.

Good luck! :bigthumb:

If your'e close to the Arlington area, just let me know if you end up getting one and i may be able to help.

· United States of America
1,394 Posts
The stock alarm is not that sophisticated. It only sets off if someone forcibly opens the hood, hatch or doors.
There is nothing to reactivate, unless someone has jumpered the hood pin or removed it completely.
You can get a cheap alarm, ~$25.00, and wire it in. Here is some directions:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=329660

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.