Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I even attempt to try and tune my vehicle for high boost and nitrous, are my stock sized ARP headstuds good enough?

I'm using a PTE76GTS and want to boost to 34-36psi with a 100 shot of nitrous. Bottom end if sully built and the head is built as well. I'm still using a stock intake manifold as well. I maybe going with the Titan intake manifold but my concern is lifting the head at that boost level and using nitrous.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I am also curious to hear the response to this. I have a 76GTS setup as well and will be running about the same boost level with 100-150 shot.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
Before I even attempt to try and tune my vehicle for high boost and nitrous, are my stock sized ARP headstuds good enough?

I'm using a PTE76GTS and want to boost to 34-36psi with a 100 shot of nitrous. Bottom end if sully built and the head is built as well. I'm still using a stock intake manifold as well. I maybe going with the Titan intake manifold but my concern is lifting the head at that boost level and using nitrous.
While building my car, the information i gathered was that i you are going to push past 35psi on a decent size turbo like yours, and planning to make greater than 850-900whp then u should change over to the L19s. And that is what i did. I am sure you might get away with it, but I sure as hell would not risk my engine with standard ARPs with the amount of boost you want to run and 100 shot on top of it.

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts

While building my car, the information i gathered was that if you are going to push past 35psi on a decent size turbo like yours, and planning to make greater than 850-900whp then u should change over to the L19s. And that is what i did. I am sure you might get away with it, but I sure as hell would not risk my engine with standard ARPs with the amount of boost you want to run and 100 shot on top of it.

·
Super Moderator
4,432 Posts
You will be fine with 34-36 psi....But if you plan to spray on top of that boost...then not so sure. You will more thean likely hit close to 40 if not 40 with a 100 shot on top of that kind of boost. You will have to turn down your boost to around 30 ish-32 at most to run that 100 shot windowed all the way down the track and be good IMHO. If you do it right and the right way stock size arp should be fine. And FWIW you do not need a 100-150 shot....a 75 shot will be more then plenty to do what you need to do and a little safer.

·
Registered
691 Posts
With all of the money that you have into your engine and head it really makes no sense to skimp on the head studs. From my point of view the extra ~$400 is costs to get the L19s over the off the shelf ARPs is worth it to me to get the extra clamping force.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
With all of the money that you have into your engine and head it really makes no sense to skimp on the head studs. From my point of view the extra ~$400 is costs to get the L19s over the off the shelf ARPs is worth it to me to get the extra clamping force.
Well, it really wans't well planned. I was only shooting to 800rwhp. Then the HP bug bit me again.

It's will cost a lot more than $400. It's the downtime and labor to do this as well.

I might just turn down the boost to 30spi and then use a 75 shot.

·
Banned
1,489 Posts
I would get the L19s. It won't cost more than $400 or so, unless you have someone do it for you. They are direct drop ins and are very easy to put in.

·
BIK KLR
874 Posts
L19 on my car...went with these at the head porting stage.

100 shot and 35, 36 on the 74GTS made 1000 to the wheels. but not on stock intake

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How are you guys coming up with $400 more than stock sized ARP regular studs?

I see the ARP L19's for $750. I can get ARP regulars for $150.

Is $750, the right price.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts