Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, I am NOT an audiophile. I don't need something that cost a ton of money. Heck, the cheaper the better. I likely may not be able to tell the difference between a $1000 speaker and a $50 speaker. No joke. I am so NOT an audophile that I am happy with the stock system. Easy installation and stock sizes are a must for me...again..I'm clueless when it comes to audio. I just listen to the radio or CDs at normal volumes. Nothing crazy. My headunit is still stock, since I wanted to preserve a stock look on the inside of my car as much as possible.

My front speakers are already gone and crackling. So those are my #1 priority. Can anyone recommend a door replacement speaker that will suit my needs? I'd have to believe there are some speakers out there that are at lest as good as the stockers, or possibly better for not a huge outlay of cash.

Next are the back ones. Recommendations?

Thanks for all your help...cheers...~R

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
1st thing is 1st...year make and model of car?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea..that might be important!! 1994 Supra MKIV TT .

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
you have 2 options.....replace the 4" drivers in the pod...i would reccomend boston S45 if you choose that route.

2nd - upgrade to 6.5" and either build plates behind the door panel to mount the speakers or front load (mount onto the door panel) which in that case boston S65 or SX65 would be great

All these speakers are efficiant and will run off deck power which i assume is what you are doing.

It would be worth your while to make the extra effort to upgrade to a 6.5" even if you aren't an audio file.

Adding a 4ch amp would make a WORLD of difference. Every customer that comes into my store get to hear amp vs deck power and EVERY person responds with a "wow"
/end sales pitch ;)

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^^^Thanks for your prompt reply. I won't go with a bigger speaker. I'm clueless when it comes to audio, so the simple route is better for me.

This amp...I assume it replaces the stock amp? Can you tell me which amp you'd recommend? Again..no high end stuff for me..I can't tell the difference anyways.

What about for stock replacements for the rear? I'm sure those are to go next. Afterall, the car is nearly 15 years old.....Thanks again for all your help..

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^^^^Thanks for your prompt reply. I won't go with a bigger speaker. I'm clueless when it comes to audio, so the simple route is better for me.

This amp...I assume it replaces the stock amp? Can you tell me which amp you'd recommend? Again..no high end stuff for me..I can't tell the difference anyways.

What about for stock replacements for the rear? I'm sure those are to go next. Afterall, the car is nearly 15 years old.....Thanks again for all your help..
the alpine MRPF250 is cheap...and great! (amp) you would DEFINATELY be able to tell the difference with an amp.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok...I'll be ordering the Boston Accoustics S45 today. Does the door panel come off easily? Any tips for me?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
there is a screw in the handle and arm rest. screws along the bottom, and plastic push clips on left and right edge. Get 'em all and lift up then pull back. Its easy, you just gotta make sure you get all the screws and clips.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok..sounds great!!! What about the rears? Do the screens come off or does the whole panel need removing? I was thinking of getting the S65s for the rear.

Fronts: S45= $60 (including shipping)
Rears: S65= $80 (including shipping)

Are these the going rates?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts