Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What size are the stock front door speakers and the rear speakers? Also, what is a good size aftermarket speaker to upgrade with or should I stay with the stock size. I can get a really good deal from a friend of mine that works at a Circuit City on Infinity speakers. Any opinions are welcomed. Thanks!!!

·
Cool as Ice
274 Posts
I want to say the stock speakers are 4.5, but they may be 5.5. Anyways, 6.5 is a good easy upgrade, with the rings. As for infinity, the only good ones are the Kappa Perfect which is a great upgrade from stock. Not the best you can get, but better than stock. Your friend will have to special order them, but they can be gotten.

·
651 Posts
. I can get a really good deal from a friend of mine that works at a Circuit City on Infinity speakers
You should be able to get the 4" Infinity speaker in the stock housing. It is possible to modify the stock housing and get a 6.5" speaker to fit in the stock housing but, I doubt the guys at Circuit City will do it.

The best thing to do is build a ring and mount a 6.5" speaker in the door. Check out the "Finally.. pics of MKIV mounting rings" thread. It has pictures of the mounting rings and what a modified stock housing will look like.

If the guys at Circuit City don't want to build the plates, I will do it for you.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What brand speakers would you guys recommend going with? I am looking for a really good upgrade over stock but not looking to blow my head off either. I like something that is crystal clear and sounds great when the volume is turned up. Thanks

M

·
0 Posts
what are the size of the rear speakers? and how big can they be upgraded to with a ring or custom board?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts