Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the four bolts holding in the wing from the bottom but there seems to be some type of bar holding it together inn the center. what i need to know is how to take it off. i need help quick.

thanks, john

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
just get a good grip and pull up , there is a plastic stud that's made onto the wing, it clips into plastic grommet type clip,all you need to do is just give it a firm tug,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks worked like a charm!

·
Registered
997 Posts
MMMMM scummy. I bet my bottom dollar the 70 year old man never took his wing off before I bought it from him.

bumping an old thread, removed the wing but how do you take the plastic clip off the car? It wont come out by pulling up on it and the yellow plastic is sitting on foam which looks to be glued to the trunk =[

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Pop the white stud thing out the yellow grommet first,then use something flat to work it out of the hole, it's not that difficult.

·
Registered
997 Posts
its as if its larger inside the hole so you cant pull it out, but rather force it downwards to come out, but there's no hole inside the trunk to retrieve it easily. i don't think I'll ever need this thing again anyway.

·
Registered
382 Posts
My yellow tabs came out and was still attached to the wing. I would push it threw and grab it from the other side if it was stuck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
^ but when i open my trunk and look to see where the 4 bolts are, its covered by metal, i cant even see it to push up on it.

Editing : took pliers to it and pulled up/wiggled a big, ended up breaking the white tab in half. great.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Yes, it's slightly bigger on the part that's inside, but only on two sides,not all the way around, like I said before,pop the white stud out and you can manage to pop out the yellow grommet with pry tool, flathead,butter knife,scraper,e.t.c.

·
Registered
997 Posts
i finally got it bleeding from my hand and out of breath, what the fuck. tried washing the scum off but the outer ring is still there, i'll have to plug the holes and give it a wash to get the fully out, looks ugly haha. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i finally got it bleeding from my hand and out of breath, what the fuck. tried washing the scum off but the outer ring is still there, i'll have to plug the holes and give it a wash to get the fully out, looks ugly haha. thanks for the help.
I rolled around with color matched vinyl on the holes for a while. Worked great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts