Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the demensions to the stock sub box? Planning on taking the stock sub box out and throwing in a custom box. Anyone?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The enclosure itself is about 18" wide 6" front to back, and 5" deep(maybe .3 cu ft at best). The entire plastic structure including the actual enclosure is about 32" wide, 8" front to back and 6"deep. Pretty small space to work with. You could probably wedge a couple 8" subs in there if you worked at it(.8 cu ft total. that's not including the volume taken by the wood or drivers). Also, it would be tough to make use of that entire space as it is not a perfect rectangle. You would have to sacrifice some dimentions to accomidate the curves. One other note. In order to take the plastic factory box out, you have to remove the entire plastic panel on either side of the back seat. The wires from the rear wheel speed sensors run trhough holes in the box. The connectors are underneath the plastic side panels. Good luck.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In order to take the plastic factory box out, you have to remove the entire plastic panel on either side of the back seat. The wires from the rear wheel speed sensors run trhough holes in the box. The connectors are underneath the plastic side panels.
Or cut the edges of the factory box and save a truckload of time. It's not like it will functionally change a big piece of plastic you'll never use again anyway...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Park,
I hear that... I would have done the same thing if I wasn't taking off the side panels for the rest of my install anyways. I was suprised Toyota designed it that way. It's a very odd setup. They could have just as easily routed them below the box.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts