Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK Guys,

I'll need a little help here. I just pieced back together a '97 MKIV from a theft recovery. I saw six speakers. Where is this subwoofer people are talking about? Is it hidden in a special area like the wheel? I never saw it when cleaning the interior. Any help? Thanks.

·
651 Posts
There is a subwoofer enclosure that sits between the rear shock tower braces. It houses a 5x7" subwoofer and is powered by the factory amplifier under the passenger seat.

You can see a picture of the sub here in the bottom part of the picture.

See??

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whoa!!! I thought that something went there. All I have right now is just a empty space there with a small little carpet covered lid. I thought that it was some dumbass storage bin. I guess that I know better now. Thanks bro!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The N/A (non turbo) MKIV has a empty space back there... it's covered by a lid made of carpet. it IS a storage space. I stuck 2 6" subs back there. I'm gettin' hungry for more thump, thinking about getting a custom encloser for 3 10" subs... that would mean i'd have to carry my golf bag in the passenger seat. If anyone has a nice custom enclosure, email me some pics and also info on where you had it made. thanks

·
Registered
807 Posts
Originally posted by money042:
<STRONG>...that would mean i'd have to carry my golf bag in the passenger seat....</STRONG>
I was just wondering that. I'm about to pick up my Supra TT, will a golf bag fit in the rear area if it's stock back there?? Plz help! :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by mkivmatt:
<STRONG>I was just wondering that. I'm about to pick up my Supra TT, will a golf bag fit in the rear area if it's stock back there?? Plz help! :)</STRONG>
with a 2 8" enclosure still in the trunk, my stand bag fits with no problem along with room for shoes and misc belongings. :D i don't know about cart bags though. those might be too bulky.

this is the best pic i can find of my trunk to help you visualize it, there's plenty more room toward the rear... :)

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: ToySuPRa1 ]

·
Registered
807 Posts
Sweet, sounds good. I don't use a cart bag. I'm still in high school and plan to keep playing in college as well. So of course I have a Ping Hoofer. What kind of scores do you guys shoot? I'm mid 70's right now, from the tips, at 16. Anyone top that? Heh :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Originally posted by mkivmatt:
<STRONG>What kind of scores do you guys shoot? I'm mid 70's right now, from the tips, at 16. Anyone top that? Heh :)</STRONG>
i play for fun and also whenever i have time and money for it. i'd would guess my handicap would be between +20 to +25...hehe :p and thats on a par 72 too. i stink, i admit it but its really fun and challenging. i still got my starter clubs that cost me $125. i can beat my friend who's a so-called golf junkie with his $800 ping set. :) but it sure is fun racing in golf carts and trying not to hit other golfers off the tee. :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ToySupra, does your targa top still fit back there with those subs.

·
651 Posts
Here's a picture of a box that houses 2-10" subs and maintains the stock carpet and height. Doesn't have any visual proof it is there and yes, you can put golf clubs on top of the enclosure.

About $650 plus the cost of the subs.

Hits like hell.

Thomas Kenyon
Custom Sounds
San Antonio, Texas
210-340-4000

1 - 12 of 12 Posts