Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Check out the car spec website. I think the Z31 n/a is a tad faster than the n/a mkiv.:( The ttmkiv is a tad faster than the tt(Z32)300Z.

·
I put up BS Flags
1,023 Posts
No he meant the Lexus IS300. As far as thats concerned i think the Supra is faster because they are rated faster on like magazine times and stuff BUT the IS300 i have always looked at was auto while the times for Supras is Manaul usually. Now that they have the 5 speed IS300s im not sure what they run and how fast but i think the Supras are still faster.
Later

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told that he stock IS 300 is faster because it's lighter then the supra. After checking out the specification, I found this was false.

IS 300 weighs about 3250 vs stock NA supra weighs @ 3150.

However, people who testdrove both cars told me that the IS 300 is faster car then the Supra NA. I find this hard to believe

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
first of all...

i thought the NA targa's weighed 3450lbs?? i dunno...also does anyone have any idea why inside the driver door on the NA it says like 4150lbs?? is that how much weight the car can hold or what? i was curious.

But anyways i raced a fixed up "Altezza" or "IS300" that had intake and exhaust when my car was stock and i took him by like 2 cars. So i think the manual NA's are quicker.

·
Senior
1,475 Posts
Oh, the IS300. I think we can take em:mad: The first ones were rated @ 215 hp & weren't the last Supras @ 225? Plus they are heavy for such a short looking car. But it looks like they're the future rwd "Toyota" high performance car. I'd dress mine up in Japanese market original Toyota badges!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts