Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The search button isnt working, takes me to blank page so sorry for asking repetitive question, but whats the average number STOCK supra TT's put down on a Dynojet? Thanks.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
BomexSupra said:
Average healthy motor your looking at around 280-290 at the wheels high mileage motors i've seen around 270 something.
Thats interesting. I have had 4. Three autos and one 6 spd. None have dynoed lower than 300. The 6 speed was 307. Manuals will dyno higher.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Silver Orchid SP60 said:
Thats interesting. I have had 4. Three autos and one 6 spd. None have dynoed lower than 300. The 6 speed was 307. Manuals will dyno higher.
really damn maybe the ones i saw were pretty beat up they were all 6 spd.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
BomexSupra said:
really damn maybe the ones i saw were pretty beat up they were all 6 spd.
Its all in how they are taken care of. Boost leaks, old worn out hoses, bad plugs and such all play a part in how the car will run. Makes a big difference.

·
Registered
296 Posts
265 RWHP here (6 speed with about 48k miles when dyno'd), with 18% transmission loss = 323 at the fly, which is pretty much spot on.

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
Been observing bone stock Supra TT dynos since SILV 97 (the inaugural year), all 6spds. Lowest dyno was 295 whp and the highest I've personally observed was 305 whp. Those numbers represent at least 15 cars that were bone stock. May have been more, but those 15 I have a clear recollection of.

Of course, the cars were newer and, as Ced noted, better maintained, all of which matters big-time on a bone stock vehicle.

Ken.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ken what sort of dynos were those cars dynoed on?

Mine was done on a Dyno Dynamics here in the UK. Its interesting to see the large differences even on stock vehicles in the numbers output.

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Bobbeh said:
Ken what sort of dynos were those cars dynoed on?

Mine was done on a Dyno Dynamics here in the UK. Its interesting to see the large differences even on stock vehicles in the numbers output.
You have to realize that the USDM version of the Supra has slightly bigger turbos then the European and JDM version and will dyno higher.

·
Registered
296 Posts
No, they're the same as the UK/Euro specs, its the JDM that have the different (ceramic bladed turbos)

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Bobbeh said:
No, they're the same as the UK/Euro specs, its the JDM that have the different (ceramic bladed turbos)
Really? Good to know. I thought the Euro specs were the same as JDM...you are right hand drive right?

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
Dynojet. Silver State Motorsports in Las Vegas has dynoed every SILV car since the beginning of the event. Recently observed my first dyno run on a Mustang dyno. Bone stock 98 6MT QS with 41K miles. Dynoed at 297.9 whp.

Ken.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, right hand drive but pretty much the same as US specs apart from cosmetics and a few mechanical bits and pieces, its still rated between 320-330bhp in standard form.

The reason why I am so curious is 40RWHP difference from what you guys have measured is a hell of a lot!

I'm aware of differences in the fuels etc, but 300+ at the wheels seems way too much from a car to supposedly have 326bhp at the fly... (to us in the UK anyway)

·
Yes, brothers own Supras
1,910 Posts
Bobbeh said:
Yeah, right hand drive but pretty much the same as US specs apart from cosmetics and a few mechanical bits and pieces, its still rated between 320-330bhp in standard form.

The reason why I am so curious is 40RWHP difference from what you guys have measured is a hell of a lot!

I'm aware of differences in the fuels etc, but 300+ at the wheels seems way too much from a car to supposedly have 326bhp at the fly... (to us in the UK anyway)
Yeah, that is a bit much. Which I why I thought you had the smaller turbos. Let me see if I can scrape up my stock dyno. Not only my 4 cars but here on hawaii I work on the alot of the Supras that were here. I have never had anything under 300. But that is on 100 octane though. It would have been lower on 93 pump gas.

·
Super Moderator
10,736 Posts
Discounting the Car and Driver ringer (6MT) that went 0-60 in 4.6 and 13.1 in the quarter at 109 mph, all the mainstream magazine tests I have show the Supra getting to 60 mph from anywhere from 4.9 to 5.34 seconds, ETing at anywhere from 13.3 to 13.7 (with the vast majority in the 13.4-13.5 range and trapping anywhere from 105.5 to 107.8 (all but one (the 4.9 car) 6spd targas at factory curb weight). These 0-60, ET and trap speed numbers are indicative of a car with more than 320 bhp weighing in at an average of 3450 lbs., some as high as 3480 lbs, no matter the factory rating of 320 bhp.

Ken.

·
Turbos and Tattoos FTW
1,981 Posts
I made 291/310 to teh wheels with a Intake,Dp and greddy Ti. Auto trans with 91 octane.

·
That bearded guy
549 Posts
It's no secret that US dynoes read much higher than dynos in Europe. US dyno read about 20% higher than metric dynoes. I'm pretty sure, but someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
My current Supra TT dynoed 305 rwhp with 122k miles on it. Bone stock with fresh 6097 plugs and about 2 gallons of 110 leaded fuel mixed with 2 gallons of pump 92. I was really impressed with that number given the mileage of the car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts