Registered
280 Posts
bottlefedintegra said:
i cant belive the 3000gt beat the supra. nothing can beat a supra
That was an awfully ignorant comment.

·
2007 FSAE World Champion
1,291 Posts
thats quite odd bc i believe I have the 95 super shootout or whatever BM calls it and the supra wins quite commandingly. Not all cars are the same but there was a GTR, RX-7, NSX etc. Supra looked like it was faster but could not pass the GTO.

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
bottlefedintegra said:
i cant belive the 3000gt beat the supra. nothing can beat a supra

None of those car can beat the supra. The supra is the best car in the world and that video was rigged.

·
iSketch Master!
9,045 Posts
^^^yes that is what a GTO MR is. A lightweight and Mitsu tuned version of the regular VR-4 we got here in the states. So it is much faster than a regular ol stock VR-4 as you can tell by that 12.8 1/4mi. I think[i/] the 398 number at the begining is supposed to be its HP rating, but i could be wrong.
on the track looks like the GTO is holding back the skyline and the Supra. Even with its extra power advantage, it still doesn't negotiate the twisties as well it seems.

Music totally ruins this vid though

Alex

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice mix of cars. Someday I am hoping to get my supra on a road course but I don't think I'll be as trusting with the other drivers. These guys got skills.

·
That bearded guy
549 Posts
Oh well it's the J-spec Supra so it's a bit slower than the US-spec one. Video could have been allot better without the gay music.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd just like to take this opportunity to clarify that the music was as found. I.e. not mine. :)

·
1 of 320 hardtopper
481 Posts
I didn't hear any music when I was watching the video. I guess I lucked out. haha

·
Registered
93 Posts
Aside from the 3000gt beating the supra(or holding it up) the outcome is what I exected it to be with the skylines out front

·
Registered
296 Posts
Alx2785 said:
^^^yes that is what a GTO MR is. A lightweight and Mitsu tuned version of the regular VR-4 we got here in the states. So it is much faster than a regular ol stock VR-4 as you can tell by that 12.8 1/4mi. I think[i/] the 398 number at the begining is supposed to be its HP rating, but i could be wrong.
on the track looks like the GTO is holding back the skyline and the Supra. Even with its extra power advantage, it still doesn't negotiate the twisties as well it seems.

Yeah, odd that, the Supra was being held up around the bends against a lighter 4WD car where you would think it wouldnt have the advantage and yet on the straight it cant overtake - thats where you'd imagine RWD would help?!

Those times are for the 400m, not 1/4 mile too.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yes, the 400m is slightly shorter irrc.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts